Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2000, 04:33 PM

Default ChannelStrip crashes my TDM system..!!

I just received my authrization code from metric-halo and authorized channelstrip....
As soon as i done it, ive noticed my system crash frequently....I get a dae error stating that a TDM connection could no be made and the system hangs!! What gives...? Has anyone experienced the same problem..? Couls it be because i authorised channelstrip after the demo had expired..? Its very volatile..sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...!!!

Has anyone experienced a similar problem or have any suggestions on whats wrong..?
Old 04-10-2000, 08:31 AM

Default Re: ChannelStrip crashes my TDM system..!!

I have not experienced the problem with the crashing, but I have had the problem with it working on and off. This means that Channel Strip was not authorized properly even though it makes you think that the authorization code was good, it wasnt. The deal is you have to have a new authorization code each time you authorize it, so if you were having problems and tried to re-authorize it this would have caused the volatile nature.
Old 04-11-2000, 02:17 AM

Contact <[email protected]>. He should be able to help. Channel Strip is one of the MOST stable plug-ins that I have.

mtung
Old 04-13-2000, 01:37 PM

yeah, what mtung said, dan is the man -- he was very helpful and friendly and now I don't know how I lived without ChannelStrip. like butter.
Old 04-15-2000, 07:27 AM

Dann was the man, channel strip is in the process of fixing quit a few video problems with the channel strip. It will crash on some g-4s but 5.0 fixed most of those problems. Try closing you channel strip window before switching you mix/edit windows. The video problems I've had are being fixed. and some upgrades also. I'm told that we will all be notified as soon as its ready. I use mine with a mix plus 9600 G3 500 w/510 ram and it rocks but as I use up most of my DAE is starts having these video errows. Like, adjusting output volume, ghosting buttons,etc... Be patient.ya right!

[email protected]
Intel duel Quad core
PT 8.0cs3
HD4
D Command / D control