Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2011, 05:12 AM

Default i/o settings

How do I get back to the default Pt9.0.3 i/o settings? I changed hard drives and now the i/o is whacked. Using 003 rack
thanks
Baker
Old 06-11-2011, 06:52 AM

Default Re: i/o settings

This happens a lot when you open a session that was started on someone else's setup. Sounds like its time for you to learn that detail. Customizing the IO setup can really streamline your work flow and its worth doing(it won't take long). Since you have PT9, there is a check box to not let a session overwrite your IO setup. Start by going to Setup>IO and start with the output tab(less to do). You could hit the default button(if you're lazy or in a hurry), but let's get detailed. I would click on the first output path and hold SHIFT while you click on the last path, and then hit the Delete Paths button and start over. Add the number of paths you need(maybe you only need a single stereo output, or maybe, like me, you need some headphone paths). Double-click each path to name it, and click the proper boxes in the grid/matrix. Now go to the input tab. On this page, you can add/remove stuff(if you don't have a lightpipe preamp, then you don't need 9 thru 16 at all). Once again, you can name you inputs(I have mine named for the preamp or instrument that is normally patched there). I would then go to the buses tab and scroll down looking for anything in italics. I just uncheck the checkbox next to anything in italics as it is not a working path(PT9 does this sometimes). Once you get each tab set how you want, choose Export and save with a sensible name like "yourstudio_IO". Next time something overwrites your IO, you can open up the setup page(any tab) and select IMPORT and call up your settings(if you end up with both your IO, AND the odd stuff that you started with, so just highlight and delete the duplicates).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-11-2011, 07:11 AM

Default Re: i/o settings

Thanks Albee. Awesome answer! I appreciate it so much.
Baker
http://guitarboy.com