Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-11-2006, 01:00 PM

Default OT: D24 core and farms-still supported?

i am selling a D24 core and 2 dsp farms. i've had these for so long, i bought them used and never officially xferred registration to me (i know, shame on me!). i believe the person before me was the original owner, though i am not sure. some people are asking 1) if xfer of ownership is possible and 2) if there is still support for upgrades to HD. my belief is these cards are so old school that there is no support for upgrades to HD, only on mix core and mix farms... is that officially true? if i am wrong, how can i find out who these cards are officially registered to and somehow get them transferred to my name so i can then xfer to the new owner - i.e., simply call digi tech support? is all this worth it? i'd like to do it all right if i still can, but if there is no real point since there may no longer be no support for D24 and dsp farms to move up to HD, then i might just sell "as is".

Pro Tools Ultimate, Mac Mini 3.2 i7, Mtrx Studio & Omni, 4x S1’s & Dock w/ iPad Air 2
Old 09-11-2006, 01:27 PM

Default Re: OT: D24 core and farms-still supported?

they are good for trade up. transfer of ownership is always a possibility for digi products. I use a d24 with 5 dsp farms and a mix i/o. I just scored a mix farm and am adding that to my system. I have gotten some serious milage still out of my|24 system.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
they are good for trade up. transfer of ownership is always a possibility for digi products. I use a d24 with 5 dsp farms and a mix i/o. I just scored a mix farm and am adding that to my system. I have gotten some serious milage still out of my|24 system.
so it does sound like it would be worth it to look into proper xfer of ownership. i will try to cotact digi this week and see if i can get it all sorted out. if it ends up being a PITA, it's my own fault for not xferring when i bought it all originally

Pro Tools Ultimate, Mac Mini 3.2 i7, Mtrx Studio & Omni, 4x S1’s & Dock w/ iPad Air 2
Old 09-11-2006, 01:52 PM

yeah, send them an email, they're cool like that.