Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 08:40 AM

Default PTMP 6.8 unable to locate M-Audio hardware

I'm very confused. My PTMP 6.8 software is unable to locate my M-Audio firewire 1814 hardware. That's what I did until now: I installed the new M-Audio driver 1.5 on my iMac with OSX 10.3.9. The hardware works in GB, Cubase, Logic and even in the Pro Tools M-Powered 6.8 Demo, but the full version is unable to start, because of the following reason: "Unable to locate M-Audio hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected an turned on."
I don't know! Maybe it's because of the 10.3.9 update, but why is the demo running?
Thanks for your help!
Old 05-06-2005, 02:53 AM

Default Re: PTMP 6.8 unable to locate M-Audio hardware

I have exactly the same problem
PWB 1.67Ghz RAM 1Go OS10.3.9
Old 05-06-2005, 06:02 AM

I had the same issue. I uninstalled the old driver with the old driver package, then installed 1.5 (rebooted 4 times for that) then ran the m-audio dashboard. The first time I ran PT sucessfully after all the driver nightmares, I had the m audio dashboard open and connected to the hardware

Now it works quite well.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:05 PM

Has anyone solved the M-Powered 1814 problem yet? I am on 10.3.9 and have tried everything including running driver update on a PC. Nothing works for me. Is this because of 10.3.9???? Please someone help. This stinks.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:56 AM

Same problem: I re-intall driver and PT, reboot many times, create another account... and it doesn't work...
Old 05-08-2005, 11:04 AM

I have installed reinstalled cleaninstalled repaired permissions.....updated FW1814 firmware (read about this here) on a PC twice....first time just a run through (lights blinked updated looked clean) and second time got it completely working on a Windows XP machine. Still nothing works on my mac 10.3.9. I am trying one last thing which is running the disk utility cocktail on my mac. It should not make a differrence, if it does I will of course post results. The problem if you ask me is on digidesigns end of the chain. The FW1814 1.5 drivers work flawlessly for me in Logic, Reason 3, iTunes, etc. No a single problem, however M-Powered can't see it. I dont think it hass anything to do with M-Audio drivers being flakey. Digidesign needs to release a CS update to address these issues ASAP. I suggest everyone email Digi.

Mark