Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2003, 04:41 PM

Default Reverb One anyone disappointed?

Before I owned Pro Tools HD 192I/O my studio digital recorder was a VS1680 Roland which came with effect board installed. Comparing the differences between a plate reverb and a hall reverb in this unit was very noticeable but not the same with reverb one. As a matter of fact all the pre sets be it: plate, hall, room, arena etc are too similar and have that digital smooth characteristic. Something i have heard about the new digital Lexicon 960L ( ie too smooth ) which is mega bucks more. Is there a clue to the best setting in reverb one to obtain a more spacious not so smooth effect? Or is there a digital reverb out there that can match it with top analog hardware.Do you think digidesign will/should improve these Hall, Room,Plate,Arena, simulations in an upgrade? Like many Iam shy at buying any more digital plugins until after I purchase more pre amps and analog hardware.
Old 06-12-2003, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Reverb One anyone disappointed?

I dont know. Everyone for years moans about digital reverbs being too spikey and now you moan about hem being too smooth !! Too boring perhaps is where we may agree. I tend to shove the output of the Reverb1 through amp farm without a speaker using the Vox head. Works really well - sound quite a lot like an old EMT plate !! Other than that I tend to stick with the Lexicon rev on my Mix plus set up. Works pretty well , especially the early reflections.

cheers