How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2013, 10:26 AM

Default PT 10 HD Download problems

Problem solved!

It appears that what I thought were non-completed downloads were actually downloads that were working---just more slowly than expected. The individual grayed-out download icons did not indicate any progress. I assumed and expected they would show some indication of download in progress. There is indeed a single progress bar---but it is underneath the main download icon, to the left of the trash icon.

Chalk it up to being an inexperienced Mac user.

Best regards,

Jack

-----------------------
For thos interested, below is my original description of the problem.

-------------------------

Hey all!

I need some guidance getting PT 10 software for my new HD Native rig to download correctly.

Here's a little background:

My previous setup was PT9 running on my MacBook Pro 15". I have the old-style blue iLok. I have a 002R interface, which I will be trading in towad my new HD Native rig (once it's working!)

I recently purchased an HD Native system with the HDI/O 16 Analog interface and the Native card. These I installed into a new-to-me Early 2009 quad (Nehalem 2.66Ghz) Xeon Mac Pro with a 640GB Boot drive and two 2TB drives that I'll use for sessions and samples. It has 16GB of RAM. The system was tested by the Genius team at my local Apple store. I also added the most-current Airport Extreme card to it. Wireless internet seems to work fine. OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3

I have installed the Avid HD Native card and connected it to my HD I/O 16 interface, which is powered up.

I went online to Avid, logged in to my account, and went to the Download & Activate My Products page where I entered my PT HD Activation Code from the plastic card that came with the Avid PCIe card.

Since my Mac Pro didn't have iLok set up previously, I also installed the iLok Client Installer and the iLok Driver Installer for Mac OS. In fact, I ran those downloads and installs a second time after the first time I was unable to download the docs and PT 10 software from Avid's site.

I also went to the iLok website and I can see that my licenses for the Pro Tools 10 and 11 appear on my original iLok when selecting Show. I have not added my new-style iLok (that came with PT 10) yet. Once everything is working ok, I'll probably transfer the licenses to the new one. I also clicked on the "Syncronize" button. Frankly, I'm not sure what that is for. But it didn't help!

When I next go to Avid's site to the View My Product Details page, I can see the Pro Tools HD 11 listed at the top. It also references the correct user name for my iLok account. It says "Please visit www.ilok.com to retrieve your licenses!" I'm not entirely sure what Avid means by "retrieve" the licenses. As mentioned above, I belive I should be all set there. The new licenses show up on iLok's website associated with my old iLok.

Here's the problem; From Avid's Your Products page, When I click on Download, a sub-menue drops down that lists all the PT 10-related items I can download. But when I attempt to download the docs, download utility, or licenses the download does not work. I can click on the items to be downloaded. But all that happens is that a grayed-out item with an "x" next to it appears in my download folder. The downloads never complete correctly. What am I doing wrong???

Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts!!

Jack Prewitt
Rochester, NY

Last edited by jacknprewitt; 06-02-2013 at 08:35 PM.