Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2008, 05:10 AM

Question Confusing upgrade to the new music production toolkit?

Hello All, From my understanding the following should be fact regarding the upgrade from the previous Music Production Toolkit to the New Music Production Toolkit:

Features
  • Create and mix up to 64 mono or stereo audio tracks
  • Comes with over $1,600 worth of professional plug-ins, including:
    • Digidesign Eleven™ guitar amp emulator
    • Digidesign Hybrid™ 1.5 high-definition synthesizer
    • Digidesign Smack!™ LE compressor
    • Digidesign Structure® LE advanced sample player
    • TL Space™ — Native Edition convolution reverb
  • Multitrack Beat Detective™ rhythm analysis and correction tool
  • Pro Tools MP3 Option for exporting MP3 files
However after I went through the process and conducted the purchase I notice that I was not offered ilok assets for the following:
  • Digidesign Hybrid™ 1.5 high-definition synthesizer
  • Digidesign Smack!™ LE compressor
  • TL Space™ — Native Edition convolution reverb
  • Multitrack Beat Detective™ rhythm analysis and correction tool
  • Pro Tools MP3 Option for exporting MP3 files
Is it because I already have these in my registered ilok account?

I was anticipating that I would have received these assets so that I can transfer them to secondary ilok account, as I am building a parallel system.

Did something go wrong here?

email:[email protected]
Old 12-20-2008, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Confusing upgrade to the new music production toolkit?

when you upgrade to MPTK2 from MPTK1 you only receive Eleven LE and Structure LE for the $50 upgrade. $50 would be very cheap receive duplicate licenses, then most people would sell the duplicates.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:47 AM

Red face Re: Confusing upgrade to the new music production toolkit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Whritenour View Post
when you upgrade to MPTK2 from MPTK1 you only receive Eleven LE and Structure LE for the $50 upgrade. $50 would be very cheap receive duplicate licenses, then most people would sell the duplicates.

Hello Matt,

Therefore the upgrade provides add ons to the existing Music Production Tool Kit.

No issues, I am still very happen to have acquired Eleven Le for 50.00 (I already have Structure Pro).

For some reason I started thinking about this and now I understand the details.

Thank - you for your reply.
Bye
Kevin
Old 12-20-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Whritenour View Post
Aren't you required to surrender your original license during the re-authorization?

Peace! and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-20-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Aren't you required to surrender your original license during the re-authorization?

Yes - I did and it worked fine. I am very pleased so far with DigiDesign process.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post

Correct. There is no reason why you should not either. If they did not take the original there is nothing stopping you from selling it after you have the upgrade.

I'm very happy that I got MPTK1 when it first came out because MPTK2 does not have Sound Replacer in it. I'll probably never use Structure but Eleven LE will be good for rough guitar tracks.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:42 PM

ummm this is a wierd thing i didnt notice. So do i lose sound replacer when I update from MPTK1 to MPTK2?

( wow....so many things to remember with digi. )

Did u know that MPTK2, despite stating otherwise in their system requirements, will not install without PTLE 8?
We don't have the user centricity. Until we understand context, which is way beyond presence — presence is the most trivial notion, just am I on this device or not; it doesn't say am I meeting with something, am I focused on writing something. [LIST][*]Bill Gates .NET Briefing Day Speech (24 July 2002)
Old 01-02-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenk2k View Post
ummm this is a wierd thing i didnt notice. So do i lose sound replacer when I update from MPTK1 to MPTK2?
No. You should have an individual authorization on your iLok for Sound Replacer from MPT1.
www.voodoopilot.com
Old 01-02-2009, 09:18 PM

Well, I think there is a little bit more to the license surrender that should be addressed. If you bought, at full price, Eleven LE, or Structure LE, or TL Space, etc. you should have a way to "escrow" those duplicate licenses so you can sell them or give them away - not just lose them. As it is now, the only way I know of to not lose (surrender) your licenses is to sell or give the plugs away before you download the license for MPTK 2. You have to go to another account (not just another i-Lok) to retain more than one license for i-Lok'd plugs. That's $25 a plug-in to transfer.

Look, I really like the convenience of the i-Lok system and I think the MPTK 2 is a good value at $49 as long as you don't already have all the plug-ins. But, I gave up $1,100 in plug-in licenses (for plug-ins I already had) when I got the $49 deal. I ended up giving away some plug-ins and paying the $25/plug-in license transfer fee before I dowloaded the MPTK 2 license.

Again, the system needs an escrow type account to give you time to sell the duplicate licenses and allowing you to move forward with the upgrade.

Just some thoughts,

Greg
Old 01-03-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
Well, I think there is a little bit more to the license surrender that should be addressed. If you bought, at full price, Eleven LE, or Structure LE, or TL Space, etc. you should have a way to "escrow" those duplicate licenses so you can sell them or give them away - not just lose them. As it is now, the only way I know of to not lose (surrender) your licenses is to sell or give the plugs away before you download the license for MPTK 2. You have to go to another account (not just another i-Lok) to retain more than one license for i-Lok'd plugs. That's $25 a plug-in to transfer.

Look, I really like the convenience of the i-Lok system and I think the MPTK 2 is a good value at $49 as long as you don't already have all the plug-ins. But, I gave up $1,100 in plug-in licenses (for plug-ins I already had) when I got the $49 deal. I ended up giving away some plug-ins and paying the $25/plug-in license transfer fee before I dowloaded the MPTK 2 license.

Again, the system needs an escrow type account to give you time to sell the duplicate licenses and allowing you to move forward with the upgrade.

Just some thoughts,

Greg

This doesn't really make any sense. I have 2 copy's of Smack! LE in my iLok account. 1 for the upgrade to PT 7.0, the 2nd for purchasing the full MPTK1. If you already bought TL Space for the full price, then either purchased the MPTK1 or 2 you will get a second license of TL Space. If you currently have 1 license of TL Space and MPTK1 and you pay the $49 upgrade (which is just to receive Eleven LE and Structure LE) why the hell is digidesign going to give you another license of TL Space? That's not what you are paying for with the upgrade.