How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2010, 06:20 AM

Default Help with Logic and 11r

Hi all-

I recently purchased Logic Express 9 for a project and I'm having problem adjusting monitor levels for the track I'm recording to. I'm using a MacBook with the 11r as my interface and set up Logic pref's core audio as the I/O device and did the same in the Mac pref's. I also selected "software monitoring" and "independent monitoring level" in Logic. The 11r is recognized with Logic and records just fine. The problem I have is adjusting the monitor level for the track I'm recording on. I can't seem to turn the volume down when I record to it. If I use the output of the Mac to monitor bypassing the 11r as the output it works fine but when I use the 11r main outs to monitor I can't turn the track down. Is there a setting on the 11r so it doesn't pass the signal through so I can control the monitor level of the track I'm recording?

Any help would be much appreciated! Many thanks in advance!

Fritz
Old 11-09-2010, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Help with Logic and 11r

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAR Fritz View Post
Hi all-

I recently purchased Logic Express 9 for a project and I'm having problem adjusting monitor levels for the track I'm recording to. I'm using a MacBook with the 11r as my interface and set up Logic pref's core audio as the I/O device and did the same in the Mac pref's. I also selected "software monitoring" and "independent monitoring level" in Logic. The 11r is recognized with Logic and records just fine. The problem I have is adjusting the monitor level for the track I'm recording on. I can't seem to turn the volume down when I record to it. If I use the output of the Mac to monitor bypassing the 11r as the output it works fine but when I use the 11r main outs to monitor I can't turn the track down. Is there a setting on the 11r so it doesn't pass the signal through so I can control the monitor level of the track I'm recording?

Any help would be much appreciated! Many thanks in advance!

Fritz
It's because the Eleven Rack will always be outputting the guitar signal (just like when you play through the Eleven Rack standalone) so when you are using any program other than Pro Tools (which shuts off that constant output) you're going to get twice the signal after you record enable the track you're recording to in Logic.

I haven't been able to find an official way around this (I'd like to hear it if there is one), so in the meantime I've either muted the track I'm recording to in Logic or I've setup an aggregate device with another interface and had the Eleven Rack secondary, that way your output is coming from a different source.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Help with Logic and 11r

Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll monitor from the output of my MacBook when I track.