How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2010, 02:50 PM

Location: Northern tip of the gorgeous Wasatch mountain range
Default Re: Pro Tools 9 Announced Today

That would be thrilling, but in light of their (Avid Guitar Team) suggestion that something wouldn't happen until after the new year, I'm not getting too anxious.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:09 PM

I would rather see a better working Protools 8.04 LE for Windows 7 64-bit instead of a new version. As a new 11R owner I am unhappy about the stability of protools on Windows 7 (takes forever to load, crashes with illegal memory access violations, throws DAE errors at times). Unlikely I will spend any money on Protool 9.

Guess what new versions = money from existing customers. Free upgrades only cost money, so I am not very optimistic about Protools 8 LE support in the future.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:29 PM

Yes, but what does this all mean for the Eleven Rack that I paid $1,200 for - I'm starting to get a little .

Chris or theChimp could you please give us a little insights as to what's happening and the direction Avid is taking.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
but what does this all mean for the Eleven Rack that I paid $1,200 for - I'm starting to get a little.
Eleven Rack is a product by a hardware company that is clearly illustrating it's intentions.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
Eleven Rack is a product by a hardware company that is clearly illustrating it's intentions.
What intentions is it clearly illustrating? That it is dropping the Eleven Rack completely because they've given up after the POD HD was released, dropping support for the 11R in Pro-Tools, working on a stand-alone editor so it will work in other DAWs.

Oh I'm confused, that blow I took to the back of the head last week must've done more damage than I thought - I've given up trying to think.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
What intentions is it clearly illustrating? That it is dropping the Eleven Rack completely because they've given up after the POD HD was released, dropping support for the 11R in Pro-Tools, working on a stand-alone editor so it will work in other DAWs.

Oh I'm confused, that blow I took to the back of the head last week must've done more damage than I thought - I've given up trying to think.
What are you talking about??? 11r works fine in pt9. What have they given up on??? Do you want them to rub your knee and tell you all is well and here is a piece of candy???? It does exactly as it should and what you paid for. It still works in your current setup on your current pt version don't it??? Why would they drop a product that is under 2 years old?? Your asking digi reps on a Friday night during their biggest trade show release arguably ever! Been to a trade show before??? The evenings are Lot of fun!!!

Dude you need to lay of the soda pop or take xanex, all will be well and all is well!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 11-05-2010, 09:01 PM

Here is my speculation. If nothing for 11 rack (eg new amps etc bla bla blah) comes until next year. I guess one of two things will happen.

1. It will cost money and come out during PT9

2. It will be free and come with PT10

The biggest problem I have with it costing money, is that is creates two versions of the 11 rack software that they will have to bug test, trouble and stuff.

It creates an extra promotions page on their website that they will monitor. An extra set of sales stats to spend time making graphs with. An extra product to spend money promoting.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNocturn View Post
Here is my speculation. If nothing for 11 rack (eg new amps etc bla bla blah) comes until next year. I guess one of two things will happen.

1. It will cost money and come out during PT9

2. It will be free and come with PT10

The biggest problem I have with it costing money, is that is creates two versions of the 11 rack software that they will have to bug test, trouble and stuff.

It creates an extra promotions page on their website that they will monitor. An

extra set of sales stats to spend time making graphs with. An extra product to spend money promoting.
There is typically 2 years between major pt releases. 9 came out yest, it will be awhile!

They are a business and their job is to make money. I would guess some paid updates for 11r will eventually come around. It's a fairly new product still, imagine there is more to come from it

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 11-05-2010, 09:43 PM

I have no problem with them making money. Just when it comes to bug fixes and such, I have actually heard AVID ppl write something along the lines of:

(It takes as a long time to test updates because we have so much different audio interfaces, computers, OS versions and PT versions of software to test things with. )

Any product being sold, there is going to be budged sales estimates. Then meetings about if budgets where met. Time spent making graphs etc... These things are necessary, as I dont want the AVID business going broke.

However I would prefer less products (including software products) that cost more. So that there is less resources (time + money) being used on graphs, accounting, website page design, advertising budgets etc...

Even if that means each bigger product costs more and might have one or two things that I dont need and will never use.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNocturn View Post
I have no problem with them making money. Just when it comes to bug fixes and such, I have actually heard AVID ppl write something along the lines of:

(It takes as a long time to test updates because we have so much different audio interfaces, computers, OS versions and PT versions of software to test things with. )

Any product being sold, there is going to be budged sales estimates. Then meetings about if budgets where met. Time spent making graphs etc... These things are necessary, as I dont want the AVID business going broke.

However I would prefer less products (including software products) that cost more. So that there is less resources (time + money) being used on graphs, accounting, website page design, advertising budgets etc...

Even if that means each bigger product costs more and might have one or two things that I dont need and will never use.
W the release of pt 9 this is the biggest advancement they have ever made at trimming down the product line. Narrowed pt down to 2 os's and streamlined many of the functions between the now 2 versions, native and hd.

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10