Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2010, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Do I have a defective 11R unit?

Kinda sucks to see others having the same issues I did. Oh well, part of life I guess.

Just wanted to offer a suggestion...You could always warranty register the 11R with Avid - takes about 5 minutes, really simple process.

If you have a manufacturer defect with the unit, you're completely covered as long as you register within a year of purchase. You should be able to get free shipping (depending on where you live) and a freshly tested (& working) 11R.

Only downfall is when you actually call DTS, they have a lengthy hold time. I would suggest having your guitar handy to jam along with their hold music.

I only say all this, because I've personally had horrid times getting anywhere with distributors. I'd rather go the source, but that's just me.

In any case, hope everything works out for you.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:14 PM

I have the same issue and made another thread for it within an hour of buying it

the whole warranty thing doesnt apply in many countries
apparently it doesnt in Australia

I registered, logged a case

Avid have told me to take it up with the reseller
the reseller has told me to take it up with Avid

not only do Australians pay $1300 USD for it, they get no warranty

fantastic!
Old 11-10-2010, 04:13 PM

Angry Re: Do I have a defective 11R unit?

WTF?! Seriously... Sorry for the language, but I got a new unit from Thomann with the exact same problem...

I tried everything AGAIN, even with a brand new PT9 install on a brand new and fresh iMac.... nothing!

Once connected, I don't have any sounds in the 11R, it is recognized with the Aggregator, I can start PT9, import the Eleven Rack I/O setup, I can even see the 11R GUI and it reacts when I do change presets, but no sound at all...

Reset the unit, restart the computer, etc...etc... Same issues I had with the previous unit, on PT 8.0.3 and 8.0.4 on the MacBook...

I mean: Seriously... Now it's been over 3 weeks I'm fighting to make it work...

I really start to be pissed off!!!

Phil
Old 11-10-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurism View Post
I have the same issue and made another thread for it within an hour of buying it

the whole warranty thing doesnt apply in many countries
apparently it doesnt in Australia

I registered, logged a case

Avid have told me to take it up with the reseller
the reseller has told me to take it up with Avid

not only do Australians pay $1300 USD for it, they get no warranty

fantastic!
I lived in Australia for 5 years, and I HATE buying stuff there. Australia resellers/distributors are, IMHO, fleecing the market. There's usually a sole distributor for the whole continent, and they jack up prices and make you suck it (so to speak). I used to work in a computer store as well, the prices from the distributor were almost as high as I would pay here in Singapore at retail for many things. And video games prices are a whole other story...

I called AVID Singapore when I had a problem with my 11R (I had an early run with the faulty output to amp 1). I left my number with them and in a couple of hours I got a call from Japan. I gave them my details and they managed to find my registration, and they couriered me a replacement part. I had been expecting to be given the run around, but they really treated me first class.

I really hope you managed to get it all sorted out in Australia. Experience has taught me that it's a terrible place to buy anything electrical...