How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2010, 12:48 AM

Default 11R - Master of Puppets

Howdy folks

A little more thrash metal fever Just a quick snippet of the first half of Master of Puppets.

12 years on and this song STILL kicks my ass

The left track is a M2 Lead patch that I made from copying the settings that Flemming Rasmussen published on the MoP sessions. The notes can be found here if anybody is interested
Flemming's notes

The right track is the DC Modern amp (like a modded JCM 800) that I used for that early Megadeth sound.

Master of Puppets
Old 11-06-2010, 02:44 AM

Default Re: 11R - Master of Puppets

Nicely done mate, both amps blend quite well with each other. Does anybody know if double/triple/quad tracking was done on the original? Didn't know about the website with the recording session notes thanks for the link. Was the backing track something you made or is it available?
Old 11-06-2010, 03:59 AM

Hey Mr Rhys, thanks for checking it out. The backing track I made from an old MIDI file off the web. I took the drum track and ran it through Superior 2.0 and the bass track through one of the plugins that comes with the 11R.

I'm not sure about triple or quad tracking on the original, however, I have found that sometimes less is more, particularly when using significant amounts of distortion. It can sometimes detract from the overall tightness of the tone (or maybe it's just my timing...)
Old 11-06-2010, 07:34 PM

DAMN ADAM!!!! That sounds KILLER dude! Your playing is ON IT bro!

So you know what you gotta do now, dontcha? You GOTTA post that/those rigs on elevenrackpresets!

Top notch sir!

Mike

Old 11-06-2010, 08:31 PM

Hey Mike, you're way too kind! Patches are already up, they are my old M2 lead and DC modern patches (and are named thusly). Still digging on those!
Old 11-06-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqlw View Post
Hey Mike, you're way too kind! Patches are already up, they are my old M2 lead and DC modern patches (and are named thusly). Still digging on those!
Great playing as always . I feel so useless on guitar at the moment why did so many great players have to turn up on the forums . I'll be sure to download those patches.

Thanks Adam.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqlw View Post

Ahh, well COOL, cause I already got em then!

Thanks Adam!
Mike

Old 11-08-2010, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefont View Post
DAMN ADAM!!!! That sounds KILLER dude! Your playing is ON IT bro!
Yea.........I'm in total agreement........+1000

I wanted to mosh in my guitar room & just F stuff up while listening to this.............It even made my pups bark & howl....I think that's a good thing.........

The solo section at 3:40 made me smile big time! Some day I might be able to do this w/ a lot of practice..........Yea....Right........

Dude this clip will sell a lot of 11-Racks fo sho......

I think it would be way cool if the peeps at Avid took all the great clips from all the users on this forum & made a little montage of 11-Rack user tones.......Kind of make a commercial out of it.......I know there are some Pros on this site, but a lot of this stuff is coming from the adverage Joe if you ask me.........The tones in these clips make me so glad that I bought the 11-Rack........& add the "getting into home recording" thing for the 1st time & WOW.......What a product.........

Peace! X-Mann