Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 04:23 AM

Default Questions on recording Midi on Pro Tools LE

Hey, I have recorded the midi beats in an Instrument track and a corresponding stereo audio track. I can't here the audio when I solo the Instrument track? When I edit the midi beats the audio does not change? I have obviously not configured properly but can't find the answer in the instructions. Please can somebody help me out with midi recording.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Questions on recording Midi on Pro Tools LE

I'm guessing that you've recorded midi data and audio from an external module (of some kind) simultaneously? The midi data is just that, i.e.data.This needs to be used to trigger an instrument of some kind to create audio. Either route it back to the module or drop a software instrument onto the instrument track.

Edits to the midi data will not automatically be reflected in the audio that has already been recorded. You will need to re-record the output of the module/software instrument once you've finished editing.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:29 AM

Thanks, I started the recording again and managed to configure the instrument track successfully. I recorded a bass line but when I turn off my EMU Proteus 2000 the bass line vanishes. How do I copy the midi bass to an audio track so I keep the audio if I turn off my EMU?
Old 08-14-2007, 06:46 AM

This sis getting rather confusing as I understood that you had previously successfully recorded audio from the module. If you can hear the bass when the Proteus is on, I assume that the audio out is connected to a Protools input. It's then just a case of record arming the appropriate audio track (with the input set to match that to which the proteus is connected)
Old 08-14-2007, 05:52 PM

Take your MIDI tracks output and put it on a bus, take your audio track input and put it on the same bus, now when you record (on the audio track) your MIDI sound should be recorded to that audio track.
Dan'o