Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 12-06-2010, 07:36 PM

Default Re: PT 9 & Instrument Expansion Deal - Confusion

Is there something worng with the Avid email outgoing server? I still have not received my email. waiting...waiting...
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
MacOS 10.13.6 running Protools 2018.7.0
Old 12-07-2010, 04:04 AM

Obsidian and Kaiser - thanks heaps for pushing this
MUCH appreciated!!

And AVID for stepping up.

Looking forward for the promo code to be emailed.

Toshiba Satelitte P500 18''
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 740 @ 1.73GHz, 1733 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
4gb RAM
Toshiba 650Gb harddrive
My Passport USB 450Gb

Windows 7 x64

Protools 9
M-Audio FTU8r
M-audio Axiom 49
Line6 POD XT Live
Old 12-07-2010, 12:16 PM

Tuesday at 12:00 noon (Second week of December). No email...waiting...waiting...Hey they created Mac and PC forums for Protools 9...waiting...waiting...
Old 12-07-2010, 04:48 PM

OD, do you have any hair or fingernails left, after all this pulling and biting?

Lunch is on me, if anything happens before Friday.
PT 2018; Nuendo 8.?; Studio One 3; former Sonar and Sequoia user .... GENELEC 1031A, AVANTONE MIX CUBES (Active); Sibelius 7.0; Dorico; Mac Mini 2.6 GHz Core i7, OS X 10.12.2 Sierra; 16GB RAM; 480 GB System SSD; 1 TB 7200 rpm Audio; 3 TB samples; Roland A-800 Pro controller; GOOD BYE PEE SEA!!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:43 AM

I still have my hair and nails for now. What I don't have is my Instrument Expansion Pack yet. I am checking my email constantly (as if that will make it happen faster). It's Wednesday 12/8/2010 already. How bad can the snafu be? Waiting...
Old 12-08-2010, 12:02 PM

As someone said earlier, it will involve some coding to set the accounts and the download page up.
PT 2018; Nuendo 8.?; Studio One 3; former Sonar and Sequoia user .... GENELEC 1031A, AVANTONE MIX CUBES (Active); Sibelius 7.0; Dorico; Mac Mini 2.6 GHz Core i7, OS X 10.12.2 Sierra; 16GB RAM; 480 GB System SSD; 1 TB 7200 rpm Audio; 3 TB samples; Roland A-800 Pro controller; GOOD BYE PEE SEA!!
Old 12-08-2010, 12:03 PM

Hopefully they haven't decided to not honor the original offer. I was looking at the shopping page and it says:

"For a limited time, we're offering an incredible 40% discount on Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack when you purchase it as a bundle with Pro Tools® 9 software or a Pro Tools® 9 software upgrade/crossgrade. "

Nothing about buying it after the fact in that verbiage...

I was going to buy it with the email code too but if it never comes I won't lose sleep. There are hundreds of great plugins out there from other companies. I've been making some great music with Komplete 7 plus some instruments from their 50% off sale last week at NI.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:51 PM

The email coupon is supposed to come out this week (2nd week of December) and this offer is slated to expire on December 20. Now perhaps people are seeing why I've been waiting so intently. Waiting...waiting...waiting...
Old 12-08-2010, 05:21 PM

I hope their server doesn't blow up once the rush starts.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:29 AM

Wow,

I came here today ready to post my own rant on the PTIEP 40% offer, but here it is.
Sounds like this had turned into yet another customer PR gaff for Avid.

Listen guys I love the software but customer service and support really do let things down. Anyhow here's my latest contact rant to Avid.I'll keep the DUC posted on what happens next !

Dear Avid.

I bought PT9 & wanted the PTIEP 40% offer. I contacted customer support / Digi sales UK to confirm I would get this offer buying the hard copy and told I would. I didn't & the buck was passed to the Avarto team. They told me to wait which I have. They replied to some of my e-mails but now my mails are bouncing back at me.....Now I'm in the 'create a thread' nightmare hassle .
I'm trying to buy something from you & you treat me like a pain in the ass or an afterthought !
It's simple I was going to buy the PTIEP download but wanted the PT9 disks. I couldn't see an option to do so. Speaking to Avid I was told this would be OK by your staff only to be told by your staff (after an extended period of time for delivery of the disks which also wasn't made clear & wouldn't have happened with the download) that this wasn't Avids responsibility that I wasn't being offered the PTIEP & to talk to a third party company, after having told me as AVID that I would be getting the PTIEP !
Avarto then tell me I have to wait for something I could have got then and there by downloading. That is exactly why I contacted Avid to begin with as it seemed clear to me the only way to get the 40%PTEIP was by the download.

I had contact with Avarto but now I have to use this clunky time wasting CASE thread system you guys insite on continuing with. NOT SO SIMPLE.
As you can see from my DIgi/Avid account I normally download everything but I wanted to start ver 9 with the disks.
I want the 40% PTIEP offer asap and now I want someone to accept responsibility and say sorry for all this wasted time. I've got a credit card, you have a download server, we all have email. How hard can this be ??
I want someone to contact me and sort this situation out. I'm tired of chasing Digi it takes up far to much of my time & money. The hassle of getting the 40% discount is eating into that discount !! This system of communication is a joke and it frustrates me immensely.
My contact numbers -------
and you have my email. I'd very much like to have this resolved today, at latest by the end of the week.
best
Nick
ps I'm posting this on the DUC to see what others think about having to use these support threads for every last issue. I believe the support team should only be dealing with pilot errors, real bugs and pushing the envelope of the product. By the way I am a fan it is good software :)