Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 08-29-2015, 09:30 PM

Default iLok message: Clock Needs Repair

There's got to be a way around this that I'm just not thinking of right now in frustration.......my internet is out. I don't foresee it getting repaired for a couple of days since it's the weekend. When I start Pro Tools, I get a warning from the iLok Manager that the "clock needs repair". I assume this is because it was set to automatic in the system preferences. I disabled that setting......but even after restarting, I can't get past this iLok warning. There's nothing wrong with the clock or date; both are correct. This is on my main MacPro tower. I've used Pro Tools on location on my laptop before with no clock/internet problems. So what's different about this and how do I make it stop? Thanks......
Old 08-30-2015, 01:23 AM

Default Re: iLok message: Clock Needs Repair

try setting time manually ...
Old 08-30-2015, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasanta View Post
There's got to be a way around this that I'm just not thinking of right now in frustration.......my internet is out. I don't foresee it getting repaired for a couple of days since it's the weekend. When I start Pro Tools, I get a warning from the iLok Manager that the "clock needs repair". I assume this is because it was set to automatic in the system preferences. I disabled that setting......but even after restarting, I can't get past this iLok warning. There's nothing wrong with the clock or date; both are correct. This is on my main MacPro tower. I've used Pro Tools on location on my laptop before with no clock/internet problems. So what's different about this and how do I make it stop? Thanks......
ILM software has nothing to do with the system clock (or it shouldn't). Any particular reason you're running the ILM software? Looking at license assets or what? No need to call up the ILM s/w otherwise. Or you have some other problem going on with your computer. Is this an older MacPro cheesegrater or the iTrashcan? It could be your computer is losing it's marbles clock-wise.

QAPLA!
Old 08-30-2015, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanos4 View Post
try setting time manually ...

I did.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
ILM software has nothing to do with the system clock (or it shouldn't). Any particular reason you're running the ILM software? Looking at license assets or what? No need to call up the ILM s/w otherwise. Or you have some other problem going on with your computer. Is this an older MacPro cheesegrater or the iTrashcan? It could be your computer is losing it's marbles clock-wise.

I'm not running the ILM software. I start Pro Tools, I get the warning that says my clock needs repair, to try and reset that so the ilok will function. This is a cheese grater Mac Pro 12 core. I can't find anything to change in the clock that's not correct. I even tried changing it wrong just so I could put it right again. I guess I'll try zapping the PRAM for the heck of it.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:09 AM

Quote:
I'm not running the ILM software. I start Pro Tools, I get the warning that says my clock needs repair, to try and reset that so the ilok will function. This is a cheese grater Mac Pro 12 core. I can't find anything to change in the clock that's not correct. I even tried changing it wrong just so I could put it right again. I guess I'll try zapping the PRAM for the heck of it.
Can you post a screenshot of exactly what the error message says? As I said the clock has nothing to do with whether the iLok software runs or not. Is the blue light on on your iLok even before you start PT? It should be on after the computer finishes booting. Try reseating the iLok and see what happens.

Zapping the pram/nvram might help. Something else to try is to completely unplug your MacPro from the wall outlet for a couple of minutes so allt he capacitors in the unit discharge and then plug it back in and reboot.

QAPLA!
Old 08-30-2015, 08:26 AM

This morning it works fine again. When and if it shows the alert again, I'll take a picture and post it. Thanks
Old 08-30-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
This morning it works fine again. When and if it shows the alert again, I'll take a picture and post it. Thanks
That would be good as what you're talking about has nothing to do with the iLok. You didn't really answer the question I asked - is the blue light on on the iLok after your computer is finished booting? You may well have something flaky going on with your computer. It may not be remembering the system time for example.

QAPLA!
Old 08-30-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
That would be good as what you're talking about has nothing to do with the iLok. You didn't really answer the question I asked - is the blue light on on the iLok after your computer is finished booting? You may well have something flaky going on with your computer. It may not be remembering the system time for example.

Yes. The blue light is on. I wish I could get it to do it again to take a picture because when starting PT, the alert says that because the clock needs repair, the ilok will not work. It gives option buttons to either "retry" once the clock is fixed or "quit".
Old 08-30-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Yes. The blue light is on. I wish I could get it to do it again to take a picture because when starting PT, the alert says that because the clock needs repair, the ilok will not work. It gives option buttons to either "retry" once the clock is fixed or "quit".
I think you have some serious issues going on here. Really need to see a screenshot of the exact error message because I have a feeling there's more going on than you're telling us.

QAPLA!