Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 04-13-2012, 02:32 PM

Default PLEASE HELP!!!! skype issues with my audio interface

hey there!
I have been experiencing terrible feedback and noise when using my m audio fast track Mk2 on skype!!!! actually I have been experiencing all kinds of STRANGE bugs with my interface! recording works fine but every thing else is weird, especially when using it on skype! at first I would like to tell you about those weird bugs: first of all I can only plug it in one single usb slot, my laptop actually got 4!!! the others are causing constant noise, even when recording on pro tools! so I plugged my interface in that usb slot and made some adjustments on skype, I even switched of all other sound devices, even the internal audio driver because I know that the internal driver and audio interfaces can´t get along, so I switched that bastard off
So I tried to call somebody on skype but I immediately got terrible noise in my headphones that really hurt my ears, although the preview while adjusting was just fine! okay then I restarted my computer because once that noise occurs it never goes away unless I restart, so that´s what I did! Then I tried it again!
The preview was fine but the call itself was again terrifying.... noise!!!!!!
Then I plugged it in another usb slot and that is when one of the weirdest bug I´ve seen occured! My audio interface was again recognized by my laptop and by skype but that time it wasn´t recognized as
audio:fast track (line)
microphone: fast track (line)
It was recognized as
audio: fast track (speakers)
microphone: fast track (microphone)
why the bloody hell did that happen???
I don´t think it´s normal that the same audio interface gets recognized as two different devices on two different usb slots!!!!
furthermore my interface was mute while having it plugged in that second usb slot! I even received an error from pro tools that my interface was not plugged in!!!! So on the first usb slot, which normally works fine, I have terrible noise when calling somebody on skype and on the other usb slot I have no noise, but also absolutely no sound and constant error messages!!!
What can I do to make my audio interface work with skype???
what is the problem? where does it come from?
I have absolutely no idea what could cause those problems
and to be honest I´ve never seen anything like it!!!!
Please help!!!!

Greets
René