Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2014, 01:14 PM

Default What do YELLOW EQ3 automation parameters mean?

I am having problem automating some of the parameters in EQ3 7band - please see the picture in the attachment. All parameters are enabled for automation, track is in Latch mode. The parameters with red indicator can be normally automated, but writing the automation with those that have yellow indicator does not work. Also on the same plugin at the beginning of work with the session they are all red, but after a while some of them become yellow. I've searched for it like crazy, couldn't find why or what the yellow colour means and why I can not write automation with those (with simply dragging the parameter up and down with my mouse). Thanks for any advice!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 22.07.50.jpg (65.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-18-2014, 02:40 PM

Default Re: What do YELLOW EQ3 automation parameters mean?

My guess would be those parameters are in safe mode (So no automation will effect them) but Im actually not sure.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:44 PM

Is it possible you are accidentally hitting commnd+option and clicking the parameter? That would put the paremeter in safe mode I believe. I think contrtol+option+cmmd+click turns automation on or off per paremeter... I have to go back and test this though.

*** dont quote me on the shortcuts as Im trying to remember them from memory...
Old 04-18-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthurley View Post
Is it possible you are accidentally hitting commnd+option and clicking the parameter? That would put the paremeter in safe mode I believe. I think contrtol+option+cmmd+click turns automation on or off per paremeter... I have to go back and test this though.

*** dont quote me on the shortcuts as Im trying to remember them from memory...
i think page 1018 of the manual has your answer

edit: yeh I just disabled the neyrink app I was using and now my yellows have turned red. basically i believe it is controller related

Last edited by phillyt2k; 04-18-2014 at 04:53 PM. Reason: more infooooooooooo
Old 04-19-2014, 03:45 AM

Thanx a lot guys! I don't believe there is a way to auto-safe just one parameter of a plugin, as far as I know you can only disable that parameter from automation completely. Only plugin as a whole can be in auto-safe mode.
Thaks phillyt2k for suggesting it could be controller-related. I tried to switch my digi002 off and use just Built-in-Output. The problem is gone, everything in red and can be automated by hand. And yes, according to the manual (my version shows that on page 1039) the yellow colour indicates Touch/Latch/Write mode with Control Surface. We're getting somewhere...
BUT that all still does not explain, why can't I automate those yellow parameters with my mouse and why some parameters are automatically yellow whilst others remain red. And of course I need to use my 002 at least for volume automation, so I need to figure out how to deal with this strange parameter behaviour, I'm going to search for more info. Meanwhile - any more suggestions? Thank you!