Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 03-24-2012, 10:53 PM

Default Digitranslator & MP9

Just purchased Pro Tools MP9 bundle with the Mobile Pre hardware and when I try to import an OMF or AAF I get an error message saying that I need the Digitranslator 2.0 option.

From what I have read; Pro Tools 9 integrates the Digitranslator already and I'm assuming that my MP9 (updated to 9.0.5) is v9 of PT? So why isn't the Digitranslator included? Do I really need to purchase it and where? Can't find anywhere to purchase on Avid's site, only eBay seems to be selling them.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:48 AM

Default Re: Digitranslator & MP9

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmman03 View Post
Just purchased Pro Tools MP9 bundle with the Mobile Pre hardware and when I try to import an OMF or AAF I get an error message saying that I need the Digitranslator 2.0 option.

From what I have read; Pro Tools 9 integrates the Digitranslator already and I'm assuming that my MP9 (updated to 9.0.5) is v9 of PT? So why isn't the Digitranslator included? Do I really need to purchase it and where? Can't find anywhere to purchase on Avid's site, only eBay seems to be selling them.

Not sure i understand the question. It's included in 9 and 10.
Here is from PT 9 Reference Guide:
You can use the Import Session Data command to import video from other Pro Tools sessions or (with DigiTranslator 2.0) from an AAF or OMF sequence. Any video files you import must have the same video frame rate as any video file al- ready present in the session.

I would contact the Avid support team i you are missing it somehow, but it's included in the main install.
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.5, DP 11.3, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 03-25-2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
Not sure i understand the question. It's included in 9 and 10.
Here is from PT 9 Reference Guide:
You can use the Import Session Data command to import video from other Pro Tools sessions or (with DigiTranslator 2.0) from an AAF or OMF sequence. Any video files you import must have the same video frame rate as any video file al- ready present in the session.

I would contact the Avid support team i you are missing it somehow, but it's included in the main install.
I have Pro Tools MP + MobilePre. The version says 9.0.5. I try to open a session exported from Final Cut or Avid MC and it says that DigiTranslator 2.0 option is needed.

iLok says i only have Pro Tools MP. Not sure if the Pro Tools MP9 is different than Pro Tools 9
Old 04-14-2012, 02:14 AM

From what I understand, MP9 does not come with Digitranslator, but I have a Digitranslator license which I planned to use with MP9.

Ironically, even with a Digitranslator license when I try to import an AAF file I got the same error message you did. I surmise there's no way to open AAF/OMF in MP9. Instead of trying to figure out all this I reverted to MP8 where everything works fine.

I think you need PT10 that opens AAF/OMF files. The crossgrade is $399.