Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 09-19-2018, 04:21 PM

Default can't edit while recording...

So we recently upgraded to PT 2018 at my work (currently 2018.4), which is great and all, but now there's a nasty new bug that's a real workflow show-stopper. Hopefully someone knows of a fix.

Here's the scenario: I'm working on a game show, and we do audience sweetening. The sweetener comes by and adds the audience cheers and laughs by patching his gear into my PT system, and I punch record his output onto audio tracks as we play along. So far so good.

Historically while we've been recording his audience sweetening into the mix, I've been able to make other edits and adjustments on-the-fly to other tracks. This is really important for time efficiency. I'll be trimming clips, adjusting fades, muting clips, and the like, all while in record. This used to work really well!

Now if I make a single edit while in record, I get this obnoxious error message that doesn't even seem related to what's happening:

"Could not complete the Separate Clip command because the clips on Track "Audience 1" do not appear to match in file size, duration, or position for mutlichannel processing. These clips and their corresponding audio files must be the same length for the Trim End to Insertion command to complete during record."

As far as I can tell, I'm not doing anything regarding multichannel processing. So what's going on? Any ideas, any solutions?
Old 09-22-2018, 02:18 PM

Default Re: can't edit while recording...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeymohr View Post
So we recently upgraded to PT 2018 at my work (currently 2018.4), which is great and all, but now there's a nasty new bug that's a real workflow show-stopper. Hopefully someone knows of a fix.

Here's the scenario: I'm working on a game show, and we do audience sweetening. The sweetener comes by and adds the audience cheers and laughs by patching his gear into my PT system, and I punch record his output onto audio tracks as we play along. So far so good.

Historically while we've been recording his audience sweetening into the mix, I've been able to make other edits and adjustments on-the-fly to other tracks. This is really important for time efficiency. I'll be trimming clips, adjusting fades, muting clips, and the like, all while in record. This used to work really well!

Now if I make a single edit while in record, I get this obnoxious error message that doesn't even seem related to what's happening:

"Could not complete the Separate Clip command because the clips on Track "Audience 1" do not appear to match in file size, duration, or position for mutlichannel processing. These clips and their corresponding audio files must be the same length for the Trim End to Insertion command to complete during record."

As far as I can tell, I'm not doing anything regarding multichannel processing. So what's going on? Any ideas, any solutions?
sure we might have solutions ... System info please !!! .. and did this happen in the last version you had loaded before this ???

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro