How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2013, 07:24 AM

Default Please help confirm a midi/delay comp bug

http://db.tt/PvM69fGY

Please open this small PT session with acoustic snare hit and midi duplicate of it (created with Massey DRT) and tell me if you get a big FLAM between the two tracks. And if so, does the issue go away when you disable a empty track named INACTIVATE ME? Only Avid plugins used, Boom and Maxim.

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2013, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Please help confirm a midi/delay comp bug

yep. tried this in PT10.3.6 and I get the flam. Deactivate the track with Maxim and they play in time.

Then I tried it with PT11 and it seems to be working fine there, so that's good news.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-22-2013, 01:38 PM

I moved this over to general PT10 thread since I have the issue on my laptop mac too.

Thanks Benoni, looks bad.

Please guys, check this and repot back.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:50 PM

Also confirmed that it is not working right on my system either. Any suspicion on what is happening so I know how to avoid this?

Oh, this is happening on 10.3.5 Mac 10.7.5
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 06-22-2013, 03:53 PM

I also just discovered something. I moved the MIDI over to the instrument track and then it compensates just fine. So it must be a bug with compensation with MIDI tracks.

EDIT: Even if you create a new Instrument Track and send the MIDI Outputs to Boom it works just fine. So perhaps the bug can be avoided by using Instrument tracks in place of MIDI tracks. Annoying, but works.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 06-23-2013, 06:56 AM

Not sure if this adds to the discussion - I get similar issues rendering MIDI tracks to audio when I have an instance of Ozone 5 on another completely unrelated track. I get delay issues similar to this. Turn off Ozone & the problem disappears. I've not really investigated why this happens, I guess something to do with delay compensation in the background.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovephil View Post
Not sure if this adds to the discussion - I get similar issues rendering MIDI tracks to audio when I have an instance of Ozone 5 on another completely unrelated track. I get delay issues similar to this. Turn off Ozone & the problem disappears. I've not really investigated why this happens, I guess something to do with delay compensation in the background.
Actually this problem is not plugin-dependent. I only used Maxim and Boom to show the case with Avid plugins that most likely anyone will have available to test it. I did originally find the issue with Waves Linear EQ in the session so the problem rises it's head with heavy-latency plugin in the session and there seems to be no relation to the HW buffer size.

I'm trying to go back to PT 10.2 on my PC to see if that fixes the issue. Can't go to 11 since I'm using Accel.