Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Additional Resources

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 10-11-2018, 12:44 PM

Default Re: looking for a digital audio desk to run with Pro Tools 2018.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
Not true. While there are two established FX busses, you can also turn the last few stereo aux busses into FX busses by inserting an effect on it. I've got a TF3 and regularly have two different reverbs, a slap delay, and a tap delay each on its own buss.
Yup that is right and I think I started to allude in the last part of my post. But do have to correct you. it is true that the TF5 had only 2 "dedicated" FX engines where others in the same product line and price range have 4 ie: QU32 and StudioLive series 3, before you start having to use available AUX sends. And that was the point I was trying to make.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2018.10, Cubase AI 9.5, Yamaha TF5, UR44, BEHA4700
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 10-11-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
Yup that is right and I think I started to allude in the last part of my post. But do have to correct you. it is true that the TF5 had only 2 "dedicated" FX engines where others in the same product line and price range have 4 ie: QU32 and StudioLive series 3, before you start having to use available AUX sends. And that was the point I was trying to make.

There are more than 2 FX engines. You just convert the aux send bus to an effect send, return it to the main mix and insert an effect internally. You don't need a rack processor to get more FX.

Hackintosh - Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH, Intel Core i7-3770K, 32GB 1600Mhz DDR3, 2x SATA 6Gb/s 240GB SSD, 3x SATA 6Gb/s 1TB HDD, 1x Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, Sierra 10.12.6.

Pro Tools HD 2018.7, Focusrite Red 8Pre, Mbox 3 (Mac)
Pro Tools 11.3.2, Mbox2 (Win 7)

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
[/I]
Old 10-11-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
There are more than 2 FX engines. You just convert the aux send bus to an effect send, return it to the main mix and insert an effect internally. You don't need a rack processor to get more FX.
Ok I see what your getting at, and does this allow you to insert any of the onboard FX not already used in FX1 and FX2.... for instance FX1 Delay, FX2 Reverb, Create FX3 <insert from onboard FX of your choice here> there are 6 stereo aux sends so there would be the potential to add 6 FX engine per say? not that I think I would need to do that but technically speaking I could. Leaving the 8 mono aux's for monitors or even mono FX sends.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
Ok I see what your getting at, and does this allow you to insert any of the onboard FX not already used in FX1 and FX2.... for instance FX1 Delay, FX2 Reverb, Create FX3 <insert from onboard FX of your choice here> there are 6 stereo aux sends so there would be the potential to add 6 FX engine per say? not that I think I would need to do that but technically speaking I could. Leaving the 8 mono aux's for monitors or even mono FX sends.
I checked and yes, you can insert an effect on all 6 of the stereo aux busses giving a total of 8 independent FX busses and processors. You can have 8 plate reverbs all with different settings if you want. Or you can have any other combination of effects that you want. Each effect insert has the exact same list of FX to choose from.

My only real gripe with the TF series is the way the FX mute operates. First, there should be an option with each effect processor that determines whether or not it follows the FX mute. Second, I wish the FX mute worked on the send to the FX processor instead of on the return.

Other than that we could do with a few more effects like a suboctave synth, exciter, de-esser, and some rat-like distortion.

Hackintosh - Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH, Intel Core i7-3770K, 32GB 1600Mhz DDR3, 2x SATA 6Gb/s 240GB SSD, 3x SATA 6Gb/s 1TB HDD, 1x Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, Sierra 10.12.6.

Pro Tools HD 2018.7, Focusrite Red 8Pre, Mbox 3 (Mac)
Pro Tools 11.3.2, Mbox2 (Win 7)

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
[/I]
Old 10-12-2018, 02:29 PM

Sorry it’s taken a day or so to reply...... coffee got spilt over my MBP and now I have to take it into the Apple shop. It’s still running but the Touch Bar seems to have shorted... so advised not to use it until they see it. Looks like that Apple Care thingy was a good investment.

Quote:
I checked and yes, you can insert an effect on all 6 of the stereo aux busses giving a total of 8 independent FX busses and processors. You can have 8 plate reverbs all with different settings if you want. Or you can have any other combination of effects that you want. Each effect insert has the exact same list of FX to choose from.
I’m liking more this console with every breaking day. I’ll be having play with this idea today. Thanks for sharing this as I didn’t know you could access the onboard effects in this way.

Quote:
My only real gripe with the TF series is the way the FX mute operates. First, there should be an option with each effect processor that determines whether or not it follows the FX mute. Second, I wish the FX mute worked on the send to the FX processor instead of on the return.
Hmmmm actually I was thinking you could, but then again I have read so many freak’n manuals over the last several weeks including the complete Pro Tools set that I’m struggling to remember where that idea may have come from....

Quote:
Other than that we could do with a few more effects like a suboctave synth, exciter, de-esser, and some rat-like distortion.
They are continually doing RD on the TF series, so here’s hoping more features and effects will be added. I’m not sure if there is a place they take requests for issues like you have raised regarding FX mute, seems to me would be an easy software fix.