Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-11-2013, 07:24 AM

Default Re: Mbox not working on my Win7 (Fl Studio)

20$ Au...lol
Old 09-11-2013, 07:25 AM

drivrs work, works fine with fl studio windows 7 (64bit).
Old 09-11-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demmy View Post
20$ Au...lol
Cool and now your headache is gone.
Glad you finally understood and resolved your problem accordingly.

Plus the mBox 2 sounds better than the original you also got a cheap upgrade out of it.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:09 PM

There is a driver available for purchase that may help other people in similar situations.
http://www.usb-audio.com
no experience with it personally...
Old 11-13-2016, 05:16 AM
zolko

usb-audio.com (ploytec) driver works under 64bit Windows7/8/10 with original Mbox. I have not tested it with FL but it seems it works with all ASIO apps except PT12.
If you can live with Round Trip Latency above 20ms at lowest workable 128 buffer (called "fast" in that driver) you can still use it. You can even use it as standalone mic pre. Still ain't bad IMO. Sentenced to RIP too early
Old 05-05-2017, 07:05 AM

I have origional mbox on a vaio i7 laptop running PT 8.0.1 just fine under windows 7 and now upgraded to win 10. Doesn't even need compatibility mode. Works with both system and audio on the same c: evo 850 ssd drive.

It did however, require mbr (master boot record) partition table format and ntfs basic disks. It would not see the drive as an audio volume using uefi global partition table (gpt). Took many hours to figure that one out. I don't think macs like gpt, either. -at least not with versions prior to 11,12?

This has breathed new life into an old origional mbox system. I don't know why so many people claim it won't work. Perhaps they just want to buy your old hardware cheap. Not supported is not the same as wont work. RAID has never been supported either, but has always worked fine for me. Avid just doesn't want to do the legwork to discover gotchas like the gpt partitions and waits for their users to do it for them.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:47 AM

Avid understands it's selling hardware to people who want to do music not have to tweak a setup for questionable stability.

With the sound quality of the original mBox and the features missing from 8.0.1 why would you try to convince yourself that it was worth all the additional effort in 2017?
I'm also pretty sure no one is sitting around trying to buy an old mbox especially with the newer mBox models selling for next to nothing.
The only way you can sell the original mbox is to find someone who is unaware of what it is they are actually buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabco View Post
I have origional mbox on a vaio i7 laptop running PT 8.0.1 just fine under windows 7 and now upgraded to win 10. Doesn't even need compatibility mode. Works with both system and audio on the same c: evo 850 ssd drive.

It did however, require mbr (master boot record) partition table format and ntfs basic disks. It would not see the drive as an audio volume using uefi global partition table (gpt). Took many hours to figure that one out. I don't think macs like gpt, either. -at least not with versions prior to 11,12?

This has breathed new life into an old origional mbox system. I don't know why so many people claim it won't work. Perhaps they just want to buy your old hardware cheap. Not supported is not the same as wont work. RAID has never been supported either, but has always worked fine for me. Avid just doesn't want to do the legwork to discover gotchas like the gpt partitions and waits for their users to do it for them.