Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 11-06-2015, 04:13 PM

Default PT 12.3 quits when commiting multiple Instrument Tracks

I was experimenting with track commit. I wanted to take 5 instrument tracks, each with a different VI, each playing its own part. I select the 5 tracks, (like shown in the video) and tried to do the track commit. It began rendering and then PT just closed and didn't reboot. That seemed rather strange. I had done a multi track drum part with Transfuser earlier with no issues.

Anyone else had an issue trying to use TC on multiple instrument tracks all at once?
IntelCore i7 CPU 920@2.67GHz
Pro Tools 2018.12
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6

Old 11-06-2015, 04:20 PM

Default Re: PT 12.3 Possible Bug?

I had exactly the same problem the first time I tried commit. After starting Pro Tools again the commit worked fine.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:25 PM

Default Re: PT 12.3 quits when commiting multiple Instrument Tracks

I had PT 12.3 just quit while adjusting clip gain on a track. Also EuControl keeps crashing when i open and close sessions. Definitely a new bug for me.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:37 PM
Avid

When Pro Tools quit on you guys, did the crash window appear? If it did, did you write any comments in it we could use to find crash reports?
Old 11-06-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor@@vid View Post
When Pro Tools quit on you guys, did the crash window appear? If it did, did you write any comments in it we could use to find crash reports?
I've had 2 PT crashes since I installed 12.3 and EuControl 3.2.2 keeps crashing. I will do so next time it happens.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor@@vid View Post
No. PT just closed down, didn't auto re-boot and there was no crash report window.

I may have found one of the culprits though. It seems that for some reason CamelSpace from Camel Audio caused the issue. I had an instrument track with a pad sound off of one of my UVI inserts. I had added CamelSpace on the track to create a rhythmic effect with the pad. Worked fine on the instrument track. However, when I tried to us CT on the track, it kept causing PT to close completely. At first I thought UVI was the problem because I was using the "commit to this plugin" option because I wanted CamelSpace (and one other effect I had on there) to show up on the new audio track.

I was finally able to get the TC to work by first making CamelSpace inactive. However, when I tried to reactivate CamelSpace on the new audio track, PT closed again. So, to experiment further, after booting PT back up, I tried to move CamelSpace to a later slot...as soon as I tried to move, PT closed again. The only way I was able to render the track was to use the CT option and telling it to commit up to the CamelSpace plugin. That gave me the audio track with the CamelSpace effect already there.

As far as I can tell, CamelSpace is the only plugin to cause an issue like this so far. I had another track on the same session using Camel Crusher, and that rendered to audio just fine. So...that was weird.

At any rate, I thought I'd report it here. If anyone else has CamelSpace, maybe they can see if they can replicate the problem. I'll experiment further tomorrow.
Pro Tools 2018.12
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6

Old 11-06-2015, 07:28 PM

Working fine here with UVI workstation x64, I haven't tried to commit more than one track at the time, I'll report back soon

Update- No problem commiting 5 different VI's at the same time.

Last edited by amagras; 11-06-2015 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
No. PT just closed down, didn't auto re-boot and there was no crash report window.

I may have found one of the culprits though. It seems that for some reason CamelSpace from Camel Audio caused the issue. I had an instrument track with a pad sound off of one of my UVI inserts. I had added CamelSpace on the track to create a rhythmic effect with the pad. Worked fine on the instrument track. However, when I tried to us CT on the track, it kept causing PT to close completely. At first I thought UVI was the problem because I was using the "commit to this plugin" option because I wanted CamelSpace (and one other effect I had on there) to show up on the new audio track.

I was finally able to get the TC to work by first making CamelSpace inactive. However, when I tried to reactivate CamelSpace on the new audio track, PT closed again. So, to experiment further, after booting PT back up, I tried to move CamelSpace to a later slot...as soon as I tried to move, PT closed again. The only way I was able to render the track was to use the CT option and telling it to commit up to the CamelSpace plugin. That gave me the audio track with the CamelSpace effect already there.

As far as I can tell, CamelSpace is the only plugin to cause an issue like this so far. I had another track on the same session using Camel Crusher, and that rendered to audio just fine. So...that was weird.

At any rate, I thought I'd report it here. If anyone else has CamelSpace, maybe they can see if they can replicate the problem. I'll experiment further tomorrow.

Donald M- how are you running camel crusher? Through patchwork or something similar? It never made it to AAX right? Or did I miss that? Thx.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioj11 View Post
Donald M- how are you running camel crusher? Through patchwork or something similar? It never made it to AAX right? Or did I miss that? Thx.

I have it as AAX - long story, but Camel Audio allowed me to beta test the AAX versions of CamelSpace and Phat. So that's how I got it. I don't recall if they ever went public as AAX though. Alchemy never did!
Pro Tools 2018.12
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6