Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2015, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Yosemite and Mbox 2 Drivers (Good news so far)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
Digi, if you are reading this, please ask the developers if any updates are in the works.

tascam recently pulled some bs like this and abandon a plethora of 4-year old products and as a consequence, their brand loyalty has taken a nosedive. The difference between you and those obsolete fogies is that avid is a software company first and the more devices you support, the better.
DON'T PULL A TASCAM

Seriously DIGI, don't be greedy. It's bad enough out here.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:38 PM

I FOUND A SOLUTION TO THIS!

I tried and tried and tried to get my MBox 2 running on Yosemite (10.10.2 currently) using the instructions in this thread...manually deleting files (most of which weren't even there to begin with), installing old drivers, etc...to no avail.

So I logged into my Avid account, downloaded my old ProTools 7.3 dmg and 7.3.1 update dmg file, installed those, rebooted, installed the 10.3.3 drivers and it worked!

So if nothing so far is working, try installing the old PT that came with your MBox 2, THEN installing the drivers.

I hope this helps some of you, cheers!

-Tyler
Old 04-20-2015, 09:43 PM

Confirming this still works on Yosemite 10.10.3. I hadn't updated in a while, but did so tonight, and all sound working fine.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:27 AM

Hi all,

anyone experiencing problems with clicks and cracks while recording? Configuration is Mbox2 with either Tracks Live or Audicity, latest -/- 1 most recent drivers of Avid for the Mbox 2. Laptop is Macbook Pro, 8Gb of RAM, purchased late 2011.

When recording, sound contains clicks, cracks or whatever you call them, randomly. OS is Yosemite, updated with the latest patch.

Tried using the latest Avid drivers but no luck (like most of the contributors out here).

Thinking of a clock issue between Avid drivers and Yosemite, thinking of downgrading to Maverick (then everything worked fine!!).
Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks in atvance,

Cheers Lieuwe
Old 06-01-2015, 05:41 PM

Default Mbox 2 Mini Trouble Shoot

Hey y'all,
I just got this Mbox 2 Mini and I am trying to run my Grace M101 pre through it into my macbook. I am running on a Macbook pro Retina 13 inch,
Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Software OS X 10.9.5 (13F1077)

and I am Running pro tools 12. I am not sure if the error is my fault or if possibly there is a bug within pro tools 12. Any assistance on this problem would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

~ Austin Rapbaum
Old 06-11-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchetect View Post
Thanks for the update. I too have an Mbox 2 mini with the 10.3.3 drivers installed, then upgraded to Yosemite and the device disappeared - no green LED light, "Unable to connect to Mbox 2" in the preference panel.

I will tinker with the 10.3.3 driver like you suggest and see if I can coax it into working again.

Cheers

EDIT: Aha! Success! (For Now)

Here's what I did to get the MBox 2 mini to work:

1) Manually uninstalled the driver components (delete, then empty trash):
• /System/library/extensions/DigidesignMbox2.kext
• /System/library/extensions/DigidesignMbox2Boot.kext
• /Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers/DigidesignMbox2MIDI.plugin
• /Library/Startupitems/Digidesign Mbox2
• /Library/Startupitems/DigidesignLoader

2) Opened System Preferences, right-clicked "Digidesign MBox 2" icon, selected "Remove "Digidesign MBox 2" Preference Pane"

3) Rebooted

4) Installed Mbox 2 Driver 10.3.3. After, the computer rebooted.

5) Switched the physical USB port the MBox was connected to, then after a few seconds the green LED came on and it's working normally now.
Thanks a lot. You saves my live!!!
Old 06-14-2015, 08:19 PM

Hi all, hoping some kindly people out there might be able to help out with a problem.

I've got Pro Tools LE 7.1.3 that I used to run on an M Box 2 Pro. I haven't used it for a while and have now upgraded to Macbook Air with OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Do I need to upgrade to protools 10/11 version to work with Yosemite as indicated in Avid's compatibility charts??? Looks like some of you are doing creative things to run 7 and 8 versions of protools with Yosemite

If I do that will my MBox 2 pro be compatible with version 10/11???

Does anyone know if it is a pain in the arse running protools version 10/11 simultaneously to cope with the 64 bit RTAS upgrade???

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-14-2015, 08:22 PM

Also the Macbook Air has no firewire port and the external hard drive I record onto has only firewire and usb 2. Is it possible to get cables that go from usb one end to usb 2 or firewire the other end?
Old 08-13-2015, 11:56 AM

I just got a new MBP Retina 15" (mid 2015) with 10.10.4.
At first my Mbox 2 Pro didn't work, it kept blinking.. But then I restartet with the Mbox still connected, and now it works:) Also did a Repair Permissions in Disk Utility, don't know it that also helped...
Old 08-27-2015, 07:28 AM

For those not getting output audio, I found a work around.

I had this issue with Yosemite B4 even saw this thread and decided not to mess with system files, also PT10 stopped working as soon as I did the to Yosemite upgrade but PT11 worked (so much plugings that don't work with 11 that works perfect on 10 ) and I had to downgrade to Mavericks,
and that's when my Mac started behaving like a PC for the first time since I had it, (Blue Screen and more blue screen) I'm tired of "OSX Blue Screen"
so re-upgraded to Yosemite (No MBox2)

Anyway here is what I did
I followed orchetect's instructions

1) Manually uninstalled the driver components (delete, then empty trash):
• /System/library/extensions/DigidesignMbox2.kext
• /System/library/extensions/DigidesignMbox2Boot.kext
• /Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers/DigidesignMbox2MIDI.plugin
• /Library/Startupitems/Digidesign Mbox2
• /Library/Startupitems/DigidesignLoader

2) Opened System Preferences, right-clicked "Digidesign MBox 2" icon, selected "Remove "Digidesign MBox 2" Preference Pane"

3) Rebooted

4) Installed Mbox 2 Driver 10.3.3. After, the computer rebooted.

5) Switched the physical USB port the MBox was connected to, then after a few seconds the green LED came on and it's working normally now.

but I was only able to get input functions from the MBox, if I wanted to hear what I recorded I had to change to "Pro Tools Aggregate"
if you have this problem try doing this

go to spotlight and type in "audio midi setup"

open it

go to bottom left of A/M setup and click plus sign

Select "create aggregate device"

Important!!!!! select "built in output first" so it becomes your default 1 and 2 output when you are in pro tools, you can select MBox after so you can get it's input functions (plus there is the chance the output may one day starts to work again )

rename it if you please eg. Yosemite MBox2 (this makes it easier for you to locate when you're pro tools)

open pro tools

go to setup, select "playback engine"

click on "playback engine" menu and select the aggregate device you created

you should be hearing sound now

you are welcome :)
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software OS X 10.10.3

Last edited by Legend137; 08-27-2015 at 08:51 AM.