Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 02-20-2012, 02:03 PM

Default Re: D-Show with MADI and Roland IEM

I've contacted SSL as well as a distributor who did research, and the both tell me it works the way we need it to. Essentially becoming a MADI patch bay letting us assign the 64 coming in to our own configuration going out, so that we can send the 40 we want to Roland out through 1-40.

From those assurances, we are putting it into our budget for purchase in a couple months when we begin buying all the new gear. So I won't be able to confirm it from my own personal experience until sometime this summer, but I am confident it is the solution!!
Old 02-20-2012, 03:28 PM

excellent. I will keep it in mind as we narrow our console choice down
Mac Pro 2x2.8GHz Quad-Core, 14gigs of ram
Macbook Pro w/Retina Display, 2.3Ghz i7, 16gigs of ram
Old 02-22-2012, 12:26 AM

Good information to know! Sorry I've not responded to your response earlier..... but I do keep VERY busy designing full House of Worship systems integrating lighting, video, audio, broadcast, FOH. I've been using Venue since it was first released, in fact I sold one of the very first consoles. The church I was doing production for, at the time, was using a pair of DDA consoles---one at FOH and the other in the studio where we were doing a live mix for TV broadcast. I take that back, we had recently put in a Tascam SX1 with an Alesis HD24 for a 40-track recording system, but editing and posting each week for TV broadcast the following week was a nightmare. When Venue came out, it changed EVERYTHING not just for FOH---but our TV broadcast ministry. Nearly EVERY outboard piece of gear was replaced at FOH, the same was true in the studio after putting in a Pro Tools HD system with a Control24.

In terms of the IEM system, are you familiar with the MY MIX systems? These are amazing products that sound wonderful, have a great deal of monitor flexibility, routing, and control per station.

http://www.mymixaudio.com/

Check it out, I heavily recommend this solution as an alternative to what's out there already, but a significant upgrade at the same time that is (surprisingly!) affordable.

I have worked with (and sold) the Roland console----as well as those by DigiCo, Yamaha, Allen & Heath, etc. Each board has their pros and cons, of which I will not discuss those here as I do not wish to offend anyone (ha!) but let me say this---- there isn't a complete "system" out there for house of worship that can touch what the Venue with an HD system can do when it comes to a modern house of worship that needs to do production. I've done it for years, I've used about everything you can imagine---and from personal experience NOTHING revolutionized our broadcast ministry the way the Venue/PTHD system did. And now with HD NATIVE, it's dirt cheap to do!

Feel free to contact me more in depth about what you're doing.... I'd love to chat with you further to learn more about that.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:39 PM

Any recent updates on this topic? I would love to hear if the Roland m 48 and Madi card option works well on a Sc 48 successfully......
Old 02-07-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikiwi View Post
Any recent updates on this topic? I would love to hear if the Roland m 48 and Madi card option works well on a Sc 48 successfully......
We ended up not employing the Roland m48 system with the Venue D-Show. We had some budget constraints and also didn't feel 100% comfortable with adding all the extra steps & pieces of gear in order to get the Rolands to talk nice to the Venue (you really have to jump through some hoops to incorporate the m48s with any mixer except a Roland mixer). So we stayed with Aviom. And now that Aviom finally came out with an option that allows stereo channels and more capacity than 16 inputs (the A360), I'm glad we did. We'll begin implementing those mixers to provide more monitoring flexibility and options.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikiwi View Post
Pay in mind, that SC48 does not give you MADI functionality.