Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 10-23-2018, 04:52 PM

Default Bouncing stems in Real-time Sync problem

Recently I discovered a sync error when bouncing multiple stems in Real-time Bounce. This issue does not happen in Offline Bounce. Here's the scenario: I set up multiple export stem files with interleaved files to export Full Stereo Mix (stereo), Mix Minus Narration (stereo), Music and SFX (stereo), Narration (mono), Dialogue (mono), SFX (stereo), and Music (stereo) in one export. If I use real-time bounce some stem files have the audio delayed 1 frame out of sync. Using Offline Bounce results in correct sync files. I often like to use real-time bounce just to make sure my plug-ins all automate and process correctly. Even though the files begin the tone and 2-pop are delayed 1 frame as well as the audio on the tracks. This is obvious when I zoom in on the clip. This is a big problem as I don't trust that my bounces are the correct sync on a long-form project.
Mac 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Memory
OS 10.14.6
Soundminer, Izotope RX9, NUGEN Loudness Bundle, Waves Platinum, Restoration, and Surround bundles
Source-Connect, ISDN, Pitch Doctor, Pitch N' Time, etc.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Bouncing stems in Real-time Sync problem

Dumb question, but is delay compensation ON?
Old 10-24-2018, 08:59 AM

Yes. That is with Delay Compensation on. I tried turning off Delay Compensation and doing a real-time bounce. That brings the tracks into sync with each other but they are out of sync by 1 frame. The 2-pop instead of being at 59:58:00 is at 59:57:29. Not good. Offline works perfectly. I'm just not sure I trust all my plugins with an offline bounce such as the Waves WNS dialogue noise suppressor plugin.
OS 10.14.6
Soundminer, Izotope RX9, NUGEN Loudness Bundle, Waves Platinum, Restoration, and Surround bundles
Old 10-25-2018, 08:12 AM

Hard to diagnose without actually looking at your template. FWIW, my 2-pops and stems all sync up just right in PTHD Native. I don't cascade through my re-record tracks. I mult to the re-records, perhaps that's your problem... I would investigate the "blue" mode that is necessary on some HDX workflows.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:58 PM

Perfect sync when bouncing via Offline bounce or if printing to tracks using all the same routing. Only an issue with real-time bounce. This is happening in several projects with different stem exports and configurations and both long and short form..
OS 10.14.6
Old 10-30-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Stewart View Post
Recently I discovered a sync error when bouncing multiple stems in Real-time Bounce. This issue does not happen in Offline Bounce. Here's the scenario: I set up multiple export stem files with interleaved files to export Full Stereo Mix (stereo), Mix Minus Narration (stereo), Music and SFX (stereo), Narration (mono), Dialogue (mono), SFX (stereo), and Music (stereo) in one export. If I use real-time bounce some stem files have the audio delayed 1 frame out of sync. Using Offline Bounce results in correct sync files. I often like to use real-time bounce just to make sure my plug-ins all automate and process correctly. Even though the files begin the tone and 2-pop are delayed 1 frame as well as the audio on the tracks. This is obvious when I zoom in on the clip. This is a big problem as I don't trust that my bounces are the correct sync on a long-form project.