Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 04-21-2020, 01:22 PM

Default Ilok only enables Avid plugins, third party plugins no not get activated!?*SOLVED*

Hi guys,

It's been a long time since I have set up a new system... so I have spent most of this day trying to get a new system going... I have PT Ultimate 2020.3.0 installed, working great, all Avid plugins have no problem but I think none of the third party plugins I have on the same ilok as PT/Avid plugins will authorise :-/ I have re-installed ilok manager with no luck.

Any idea what might be going on?

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2020, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Ilok only enables Avid plugins, third party plugins no not get activated!?

These are all AAX plug-ins?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-21-2020, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Ilok only enables Avid plugins, third party plugins no not get activated!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
These are all AAX plug-ins?
They should be... McDSP V5 plugins for example, funny thing is, out of the bunch ML4000 is the only one that does authorise, MC2000, FilterBank, FutzBox will not... Phoenix II will not... PCM Native will not... No idea what's going on here
Old 04-22-2020, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Ilok only enables Avid plugins, third party plugins no not get activated!?*SOLVED

Issue was solved. I had one V2 and one V3 ilok connected with some double plugin licenses. Turns out ilok software does not work too well with multiple iloks connected. I ended up uploading all my licenses back to cloud and then downloaded only what I needed back to the V3 ilok and the problem went away.
Old 04-22-2020, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Ilok only enables Avid plugins, third party plugins no not get activated!?*SOLVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas View Post
Issue was solved. I had one V2 and one V3 ilok connected with some double plugin licenses. Turns out ilok software does not work too well with multiple iloks connected. I ended up uploading all my licenses back to cloud and then downloaded only what I needed back to the V3 ilok and the problem went away.
Thanks for posting – it’s interesting to read V2 and V3 iLoks don’t always get along together.
I only use a couple of V2 iLoks simultaneously here – they’re OK.

Raising my glass to you - a 1oz shot of my all-time favourite drink:
Vana Tallinn.

It’s the only Rum I’ll drink. All the others are way too sickly sweet for me.
And I only drink every 7 blue moons, if that.
However, if I lived in Estonia, things might be different.
Old 04-22-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas View Post
Nice detective work.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-22-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Thanks for posting – it’s interesting to read V2 and V3 iLoks don’t always get along together.
I only use a couple of V2 iLoks simultaneously here – they’re OK.

Raising my glass to you - a 1oz shot of my all-time favourite drink:
Vana Tallinn.

It’s the only Rum I’ll drink. All the others are way too sickly sweet for me.
And I only drink every 7 blue moons, if that.
However, if I lived in Estonia, things might be different.
:-D There are many Estonians in there down under so I hope your Vana Tallinn supplies last long!