Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 04-05-2016, 10:22 AM

Default Space-BUG ;) Snapshot automation from TL-Space to Space not working

After upgrading one of my systems from PT(HDX)10 to 12.5. (and from OS 10.8.3 to 10.11.3, clean install) most things seem to work.
I am a user of TL-Space for years and Space is now part of PT. Great (even better that it works on DSP/HDX now).

Sessions from another system running PT10/OS10.8/9/10 (and my older sessions too of course) work fine (it seems) except for the snapshot automation of TL-Space to Space.

Loading a older session or a session created with the „older systems“ brings space-instances up without the snapshot-automation - and you cannot import the snapshot-automation from "old to new".

1. The IRs of snapshots (of course) cannot be found on the new system and must be newly allocated (which is no problem for me) - but the space-instances opened do not have the snapshot automation enabled by default.
2. So i made a new space-setup with the IRs allocated and everything auto-enabled - made that setup the user-default and also defined, that this should be the dafault setup of this plugin. So making a new (aux)track and inserting Space brings that setup on with all IRs and all automation is enabled. Good...
All this seems to work fine right now BUT...

The automation of the snapshots from a track with TL-Space will not be loaded from the session where TL-Space had been used into the session/track where Space is used. Not on opening the session nor is it possible to import the snapshot-automation from the original session (where TL-Space was used) - at least I have not found a way to do so. (And because it is quite important for me i was looking for hours into this...)

So all “older sessions” cannot be professionally used anymore because of this (doing post for film and using snapshot-automation with at least 8 instances of Space - for international versions and so on...) - working with other people using TL-Space or PT-10… while i am on PT12.5 is impossible too.
I have an assistant premixing with PT10 and TL-Space (using the snapshot-automation) for me - the sessions i get and this workflow cannot be used anymore because i have not found a way to use the PT10-sessions in my PT12.5 setup including the snapshot-automation (from TL-Space to Space). If it does not work from 12.5 to 10 i don't care

I did some tests with automation of snapshots with PT12.5-sessions and had no problem using the automation or importing snapshot-automation from another 12.5-session.

Native or DSP seems to have nothing to do with it...

Any ideas??? Hope this will be fixed soon... (if i am right)

_____
Just to make it maybe a bit clearer: older system here means PT10 with TL-Space - new system means PT12.5 with Space. You cannot have PT10 with Space or PT12.5 with TL-Space... - right...

Last edited by simplex; 04-05-2016 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:38 PM

Default Re: 12.5 Space-BUG ;) Snapshot automation from TL-Space to Space not working

you are correct - Space is the way forward .. (TL is dead) ..

the drag is they never made a plugin Wrapper that will support (RTAS) TL Space ..

this is a bow i have with Apple and Avid .. stop changing things so much that we cannot bring Past Sessions up to date without something Not Working ..

i fell your pain .. john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 06-27-2016, 07:47 AM

Default Re: 12.5 Space-BUG ;) Snapshot automation from TL-Space to Space not working

Just installed 12.5.1 - Space still does not work with older sessions - will this be addressed or repaired anytime? Soon?
Old 07-03-2016, 06:48 AM

Just installed 12.5.2 - automation from older sessions can still not be used / imported.
For me that´s a problem - all sessions from the last years will not work properly. I think that this cannot be such a big thing to do for avid...
Old 07-03-2016, 08:55 AM

Space is not the only plug that acts this way. The McDsp stuff does not return to it's pre sets. In fact, it doesn't even see it's new plugs as being a match for the older versions. Some of the Waves stuff is the same way. The Avid delay is not backward compatible with their older delays. So aggravating. But I don't see it changing. I don't think they are going to do anything about it.

Steve
Old 10-17-2016, 05:38 AM

Default Re: Space-BUG ;) Snapshot automation from TL-Space to Space not working

Is this still not fixed? Oops...
Old 10-25-2016, 05:06 AM

YEAHHHHHHH!
Thank you so much! It really does help me a lot.

The snapshot-automation from Space can now be read again from older sessions (like sessions made with TL-Space....).
Old 01-19-2017, 03:55 PM

What update did you install to get this working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk