Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 01-23-2014, 09:08 PM

Default Space (AAX/Native) not authorizing Space 11.1

So my TL spaces authorization came through the Digidesign's complete production toolkit.
(Smack LE structure hybrid xform
Sound code eleven ect)

however after I have the new AAX spaces installed it does not authorize it?

anybody have any wisdom to drop here?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:11 AM
Banned

Default Re: Spaces AAX

When HDX first came out was it not said that plugs that came as part of bundles like HD pack and things like that would not get the aax updates because they were promotional give aways or bundled specials or something like that. Its been a few years since HDX came out so i could be wrong on this. Would be nice if all plugins that PT users owned in 9 or 10 would get the installers as well. Avid has been good about the updates being free so I would expect that continues. Hopefully
Old 01-24-2014, 01:18 AM

YYR123 ...

Has your iLok Licence been updated so instead of being named TL Space it is now named Spaces? If not, I guess that's why it won't be working. I can't think of another obvious reason.

You don't need to manually download a replacement licence, it gets renamed automatically, but you would have to launch iLok Licence Manager and sign in, with the iLok attached, for that to happen.

Mine happened for me automatically yesterday when I signed in to download a new licence for something I purchased.

As an aside .....

I can't say I'm particularly happy about the concept that the contents of your iLok can be changed in that way without your explicit acceptance. It sounds like an opportunity for a screw up at some point in time.

I think alterations to something you purchased, that lives on your iLok, should always be subject to you explicitly agreeing to that update ... something along the lines of an alert message saying .... sos and so would like to update the following iLok licences to ensure ongoing compatibility with the relevant plugins. Do you agree yes/no?

What do others think? Are you content about automatic tweaking of your iLok contents without your explicit consent? Am I just being paranoid? Views please!

PS ... Does anyone know if the TL Space licence is being replaced automatically, or modified, or just renamed? Mine still retains the original date I got it and the name of the licence maker hasn't changed.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)

Last edited by nigelpry; 01-24-2014 at 01:23 AM. Reason: final question added
Old 01-24-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
YYR123 ...

Has your iLok Licence been updated so instead of being named TL Space it is now named Spaces? If not, I guess that's why it won't be working. I can't think of another obvious reason.

You don't need to manually download a replacement licence, it gets renamed automatically, but you would have to launch iLok Licence Manager and sign in, with the iLok attached, for that to happen.

Mine happened for me automatically yesterday when I signed in to download a new licence for something I purchased.

As an aside .....

I can't say I'm particularly happy about the concept that the contents of your iLok can be changed in that way without your explicit acceptance. It sounds like an opportunity for a screw up at some point in time.

I think alterations to something you purchased, that lives on your iLok, should always be subject to you explicitly agreeing to that update ... something along the lines of an alert message saying .... sos and so would like to update the following iLok licences to ensure ongoing compatibility with the relevant plugins. Do you agree yes/no?

What do others think? Are you content about automatic tweaking of your iLok contents without your explicit consent? Am I just being paranoid? Views please!

PS ... Does anyone know if the TL Space licence is being replaced automatically, or modified, or just renamed? Mine still retains the original date I got it and the name of the licence maker hasn't changed.
Interesting point on the automatic iLok license tweak. I agree in principle that there should be some notification if some entity wishes to alter the license agreement. Something could be said that those licenses are just an electronic signature between us (the end user) and the producer (software), but all our software is pretty much agreed on by both parties to be a 'lease' of some sort. I'm not particularly good at legal things...perhaps I spend too much time trying to create music. However, my 'gut' tells me that we paid money to use the software for the time period stated (most of them are licenses with 'never' for an expiration) and agreed to bide by the rules as stated by the license. Is there any language in our licenses that gives the producer the right to change our agreement after the fact? If that is the case, and we've agreed to that we have to live with the agreement. I'm not content with that, but what is the alternative? We pay good money in some cases to use a software product, with the notion that we are 'buying' a product, and the software companies kinda market it that way, but then after we pay the money, download the product, and go to install it, we are presented with a 'license agreement' that only a lawyer could understand on the first read, and our choices are to accept the agreement and install it, or decline it and not use it and try to get the money back into our accounts. I understand the software companies are doing their best to curtail piracy, and we've allowed this practice to continue to the point where the behavior is 'grandfathered' in to be 'industry accepted norm'. Not sure how to change that now, and sorry for rewriting the 'magna carta'. I used to be a software developer so I get both sides, and this topic has been the subject of a lot of bandwidth.

In short, I agree with your assessment for a policy change. Not sure it will ever happen unless a great number of users vote with their wallet.
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Space AAX

It was simply a naming change, so it should not have affected behavior with previous (TL Space TDM or Native) plug-ins.

Tech Support created this KB article to explain it:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/t...se-Information

YYR123 - I'll ask CS to check your account if you can't get Space 11.1 working.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Space (AAX/Native) not authorizing Space 11.1

Im hoping this might work in my favour for the time being..i had a tl space tdm license, but not a tdm system..i dont think i ever had it working properly as rtas..even if 11 wont work with my BLA 002 (yet..hopefully)..is there any possibility this new license might authorize tl space native as opposed to the tdm one?..it isnt yet anyway..but seeing as ye can just change the license..any chance someone could sort me out with this, to keep me sane for a while?..pretty please?
Old 01-25-2014, 11:25 PM

I own a tl space TDM license and it authorized the plug in in native mode. MOst often, if not ALWAYS the TDM licenses of plug ins also Authorize the Native versions, jut not the other way around.

I see no problem with getting the latest TL AAX and authorizing it from your TDM license.

Thats what I plan to do.

System
MacPro 12 Core • 24 G Ram • 10.12.6
PT 12.8.1 • Mbox 3 Pro • Plug-ins Verified
4 HD • OS ssd | Audio ssd | Sample Library ssd | Storage
MAXPower eSATA 6G Card • Wiebetech RTX100H-Q
Kensington Trackball Works/Orbit Optical
Bluetooth off/Airport on and off.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:40 PM

Thats what I assumed when I bought it, but I dunno, it never worked properly in stereo, as in would only load one ir, or sieze up if i tried to load both..i assumed it was looking for dsp that wasnt there..and the tdm was cheaper..( i could be wrong here too,.it could be just so badly coded that oe instance brings an i7 to a grinding halt..
Old 01-26-2014, 12:15 AM
Admin Emeritus

There is only one version of the new 64-bit Space plug-in, which works as AAX Native and HDX DSP, and can be authorized by either the TL Space Native or the full TL Space (TDM) iLok authorization.

If you check your iLok account, it should have been renamed already:
  • TL Space Native license will be named Space (AAX/RTAS)
  • TL Space license will be named Space (AAX/RTAS/TDM)
Both will authorize the RTAS version on Pro Tools 10 and below, and the AAX version on all Native and HDX systems on Pro Tools 11.

The full license will also authorize the TDM version on HD systems on Pro Tools 10 and below.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:19 PM

Question Re: Space (AAX/Native) not authorizing Space 11.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
So my TL spaces authorization came through the Digidesign's complete production toolkit.
after I have the new AAX spaces installed it does not authorize it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqd View Post
is there any possibility this new license might authorize tl space native as opposed to the tdm one?..it isnt yet anyway.
Have either of you gotten Space to load/recognize its license?

If not, what version of Pro Tools are you running? (Needs to be 11.1 or later.)