Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2011, 12:16 AM

Default It says my Pro Tools SE hardware isn't connected..

..or turned on, but it is; I've downloaded and installed everything, and I clicked on the Avid icon and Pro Tools SE started to turn on or whatever but then a box came up saying my hardware wasn't plugged in, and to press OK when it is. Well, I plugged it in, and pressed OK, and the box 'blinks' for lack of a better term but doesn't go away. I've restarted my computer a few times, not that that would help anything(or maybe it would, I don't know), but anyway, does anyone have any advice for me??Thank you:))
Old 11-05-2011, 12:23 AM

Default Re: It says my Pro Tools SE hardware isn't connected..

did you try a different USB port. Use a port on the computer itself, not a hub.

Also make sure the interface is connected and powered on before you turn on your PC, that may help.

If you have Hibernate/Sleep enabled, that can also cause an interface to lose connection.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-05-2011, 09:20 AM

Thank you for the response. I tried those things and nothing worked. I just can't seem to get it work, I don't know what the deal is. No matter what I do, I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times, I've shut down my computer and restarted it several times, I've plugged my hardware into various other usb ports, all to no avail. Every time Pro Tools SE starts to run, it's interrupted by a box that says my hardware isn't connected, and no matter what I do, I can't get past this. Can anyone PLEASE PLEASE help me with this, I've been struggling with this for hours upon hours..Thank you:))
Old 11-08-2011, 06:06 AM

This happens to me from time to time. And usually when I move my desk around or clean up my workstation. I unplug everything from my computer and clean house... per se.

What I do to fix this problem is the following. First, uninstall protools, completely, not partially. Once that is done, restart. Then uninstall the hardware, completely and disconnect it from your computer. This avoids windows reinstalling the drivers. Restart again, even though not instructed.

Once the system comes back up, first install protools, as a fresh install. I would consider disconnecting any external hard drives for this. Once its done, restart. Then before plugging in your hardware, install the software from the factory disk, (or online driver). Once done, plug in/turn on your hardware, and allow the system to register it. Once that is done, restart, yet again.

And you should be fixed.

If your hardware ever gets unplugged, you would have to do this every time. It is an unfortunate flaw in PT-SE.