Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2009, 10:50 PM

Default reamping with amplitube metal - totally noob question

hey guys.
long time reader, first time poster.
have recently purchased a 003 rack + bundled with protools 8 LE.
been having lots of fun with amplitube metal.
i finally made a good 5150ish metal sound and decided to record it to a mono track. so that was all good.
so i then decided to make a new track, paste it from the first track to the 2nd track, insert the amplitube plugin and mess around with other amp and cab settings.
but it didnt work ( no signal coming through the 2nd track, 1st track muted but signal was coming through)
now i was wondering if any could help me with how to do it. im a total noob, so things like routing to aux send/bus/ blah bah are a bit ove my head so if anyone could explain that would be really helpful!
thanks heaps guys,
Old 12-12-2009, 11:22 PM

Default Re: reamping with amplitube metal - totally noob question

do you have the output set right? is the track armed, if you are recording?

sorry i dont really understand your question. Are you wanting to record or playback? if recording try Alt+K

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-12-2009, 11:43 PM

sorry, yeah the 1st track records fine with amplitube as a insert plugin.
but when i create another track and copy and paste the already recorded guitar from track 1, i get nothing from the new track. no signal or anything even with the amplitube plugin inserted.
is there a special way to copy tracks?

ideally, i would like to do one clean, dry signal track and then make about 5 copies on 5 tracks and then use the amplitube plugin one each of them and blend amps/setting/fx etc. so eg. one track would be a mesa, another a marshall etc.

thanks
Old 12-13-2009, 10:24 PM

I do something similar to what you're doing but rather than copy and paste, I do this:

Click on the name of the track you recorded, this will highlight the track, then right-click and you will see "duplicate" (you can also do this from the upper left menus). Click on that and it will bring up a window with check marks on what you want to duplicate, leave them all checked. Also, there's a box to put in how many times you want to duplicate. Then hit okay. If you chose 5, you'll have 5 tracks with your recorded audio and Amplitube inserted. You can now click each instance of Amplitube and just switch out mics, amps, settings, etc.

Keep in mind this will be a big drain on your CPU. You may have to increase your buffer just to listen back, and print a couple at a time as audio.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:41 PM

thanks for the help guys
appreciate it