Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2011, 02:45 PM

Exclamation Transfuser problem in PT 9.0.2

After transfering sessions from my laptop to the desktop Computer ... there are no samples in transfuser ...

now ... I'm not new to this ... this thing have happened a lot of times in previous versions ... and with find and relinking all the problems have gone ...

but with 9.0.2 ... no way to relink files ...Have tested from Mac to Mac , Mac to PC, PC to Mac , 9 To 9HD , 9 HD to 9 in all combinations ...

beside that ...AVID ... don't u think is time to get this transfuser work as it shoud once and for all ?????
Old 05-03-2011, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Transfuser problem in PT 9.0.2

Do you mean your own samples that you edited and loaded into Transfuser or factory content?
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Ableton Live 10/Presonus Studio 3
Old 05-04-2011, 04:06 AM

yeah this happen only with samples own samples that were dragged from transfuser browser ...

there is a way to avoid that ... simply by dragging samples from transfuser browser into empty tracks in PT and from there back in to transfuser ...

ij this way all samples are copyed to audio folder and transfuser have the path to there ( but all transfuser tracks are Uknown ... no names of the samples )
but this i figured out only recently ...

I need to open my old sessions ... and there is no way ... relinking not working ...
Old 05-04-2011, 04:00 PM

You can't re-link samples missing from Transfuser (but Avid/AIR need to add this feature...He-llo!). I've run into this same issue more than once and it still confuses me.

You first of all should be saving not only your Transfuser patches but also your individual Transfuser tracks. I had a few issues where my Transfuser setus got somehow corrupted and wouldn't open(Bad bad bad). When you save a track you get a dialog asking how you want to save: with samples or without. I've saved samples with tracks but they get saved to my sample drive with the factory content and not in the setup itself...essentially the samples are not in the session this way. So I'm still wondering if it's better to just save the track and that's it....but it still begs the question of where is the sample....still in the session I guess.

You have to name the sample before you drag it in and once you do it should retain some of the name in the display. I got stuck in the same situation and had to use this name to track the sample down and re-drag it into Transfuser. I name everything in my sessions for this reason. See if you can backtrack in this way.
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Ableton Live 10/Presonus Studio 3
Old 05-05-2011, 03:44 AM

hi

yeah i know about saving each track in transfuser :) and all the procedure ... but with 3 transfusers and 8 tracks in each is very time consuming ...

beside that ... the relinking worked fine for me in PT8 ... done it 100 times ...