Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Fezzler Fezzler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 313
Default Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack Bass Demo (Ampeg SVT)

So, recommendations for us non-bass players who want to track basic base and we are tired of midi keyboards?

Inexpensive basses that will get the job done?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-27-2011, 08:15 PM
timstar78 timstar78 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California
Posts: 49
Cool Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack Bass Demo (Ampeg SVT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaiSatchAtrucci View Post
Yes absolutely! You can grab them here:

http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/Details/501.html

http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/Details/500.html

I bought two of them, a 4 string and a 5 string for like $600 for both and I was just blown away how good they sounded and played for that price AND they look like my favorite basses (stingrays) because after all it is all about aesthetics right? er...? well... When you aren't a bass player it's more about aesthetics... LOL :)
Thanks! I have to come clean... I've pilfered many a preset off your site. I visit pretty much every day. Thank you so much for providing that to all us 11R users!!

I am in the same boat as you as far as bass. Just play enough to have fun and record, and try as best as I can to play well enough. But I have to say your bass sounds great to my ears, and definitely looks very nice.

Your presets are great... I've was jamming with my EZ Drummer Funkmasters pack and using your Ampeg Funk Bass preset....
__________________
MacBook Pro (2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GB Memory)
OS: Mac OS X 10.5.8
Eleven Rack, Pro Tools 8.0.4.cs3
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-27-2011, 09:06 PM
sunburst79 sunburst79 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Posts: 12,763
Default Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack Bass Demo (Ampeg SVT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzler View Post
So, recommendations for us non-bass players who want to track basic base and we are tired of midi keyboards?

Inexpensive basses that will get the job done?
Probably the first place to look would be to play every Fender Squire in town. Weed out the firewood. I See a LOT of younger guys using the Ibanez Basses and know there are some budget models in the line up. Any used Epi Bass with a glued in neck. Used Yamaha basses go for a song.
__________________
Scott

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Noiselab Noiselab is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 228
Default Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack Bass Demo (Ampeg SVT)

I've been messing on a sweet little Ibanez SR505 that I'm just lovin'. It's a nice little 5-string with active Bartolini's. I put a set of Thomastic-Infeld Jazz flats on it and have just been diggin' it since then - even more-so with the new 11R expansion pack.

NL
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-28-2011, 07:10 AM
udamann88 udamann88 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sterling Heights, Mi
Posts: 670
Default Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack Bass Demo (Ampeg SVT)

I've been using a Mike Fontenot & it works great..........Very cheap, but just sounds so good....Lol......

You do have to pay him in beer though...........

Thanks for all the bass tips guys........That will be my next purchase & now I know what to look for.......

Could this place BE any cooler?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-28-2011, 01:52 PM
VaiSatchAtrucci VaiSatchAtrucci is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 400
Default Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack Bass Demo (Ampeg SVT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timstar78 View Post
Thanks! I have to come clean... I've pilfered many a preset off your site. I visit pretty much every day. Thank you so much for providing that to all us 11R users!!

I am in the same boat as you as far as bass. Just play enough to have fun and record, and try as best as I can to play well enough. But I have to say your bass sounds great to my ears, and definitely looks very nice.

Your presets are great... I've was jamming with my EZ Drummer Funkmasters pack and using your Ampeg Funk Bass preset....
Awesome man thats killer! Thanks man thats why we post 'em so everyone can pilfer and I pilfer like no other myself! :) Djemass has some killer Dream Theater presets and Mikefont has some killer EVH ones, but there's SO many great contributors its ridiculous the talent these guys have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzler View Post
So, recommendations for us non-bass players who want to track basic base and we are tired of midi keyboards?

Inexpensive basses that will get the job done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiselab View Post
I've been messing on a sweet little Ibanez SR505 that I'm just lovin'. It's a nice little 5-string with active Bartolini's. I put a set of Thomastic-Infeld Jazz flats on it and have just been diggin' it since then - even more-so with the new 11R expansion pack.

NL
I was JUST getting ready to recommend the SR's - GREAT sounding basses and the necks are made for guitar players nice and thin at the nut which is NOT what SHE said... wait what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by udamann88 View Post
I've been using a Mike Fontenot & it works great..........Very cheap, but just sounds so good....Lol......

You do have to pay him in beer though...........

Thanks for all the bass tips guys........That will be my next purchase & now I know what to look for.......

Could this place BE any cooler?
LOL - Mike IS the best no question! and could this place be any cooler? I think not...!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eleven Rack II or Expansion Pack II ? ofp Eleven Rack 51 07-22-2013 09:36 AM
Eleven Rack Expansion Pack and PT 10 dckerley Windows 6 12-14-2012 02:16 PM
Eleven Rack with Expansion Pack Hendrix95 Buy & Sell 2 07-21-2012 07:44 PM
will there be a new expansion pack for eleven rack? dbvoyager Eleven Rack 19 06-05-2012 08:32 PM
Eleven rack expansion pack reycantong Eleven Rack 11 01-25-2011 02:31 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:40 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com