Old 03-27-2011, 06:51 PM

Default Re: 80's clean preset love

You may want to forgo the spandex and try those parachute pants again
Old 03-27-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60Strat View Post
You may want to forgo the spandex and try those parachute pants again
I had those & a Red M.J. jacket w/ zippers all over it to......fyi........Jackson's Beat-it w/ EVH made me pick up the guitar so there is that too....... So you guys can blame him.....Lol

That singer that Neil Schon picked-up off of youtube for Journey is just unbelievable if you ask me.......
Old 03-27-2011, 07:12 PM

I said it in another thread...I love this preset. This is the type of clean processed sound I have been wanting for a while... Thank you Avid!
Old 03-27-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeGin View Post
Yes, what's the deal with that? Don't understand completelly what's the idea behind that ... then how's the amp simulated? Excuse my ignorance .. :)
I was very surprised too - I love the sound - but, felt very uncomfortable with the amp/cab being bypassed. Anyway, I tried to create a preset with the new Custom Modern Clean model with bright switch on and the JC120 speakers (2x12 Silver), but, haven't nailed the same warm sound - it sounds warm to me - so, guess I have more tweaking to do. I do like a good tweak though .

I also love the clean sound of "Jangly Stereo" - didn't think a Matchless could do a good clean - I guess you need a Fender to get it "Jangly" but, even with my Active pickups it sounds great. I suppose I could split the hummers that might work - got to get back to playing
Old 03-27-2011, 10:38 PM

If its good enough for Billy Gibbons it should be good enough for us... Some of the great guitar tones on Blue Jeans Blues was supposedly just his '59 hardtail Strat plugged into the panel. And similar on some other songs. This is a perfectly sensible patch to want. Especially if you want a clean tone with maybe just a compressor in the line.

Darryl
Old 04-06-2011, 12:35 PM

can someone post this patch?
or is it part of the ERXP?
Old 04-15-2011, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60Strat View Post
I was showing my 23 year old son this patch and his comment was "It sounds like the 80s" to which I replied "You say that like it's a bad thing"...I too used it at church and found that if you shut off the verb, delay and chorus it makes a pretty good acoustic sim...long live the 80s...can't wait for the new Journey CD May 22....now if I could only grow my hair back...
OT: New Journey record is out May 24th (Not the 22nd) already a new single out in South America, and a different single in Europe. The whole album is pretty heavy rock, with a few Journey' esque sounding Melodic tracks... maybe something for everyone. Your 23 year old might even like it, it's mixed & produced pretty modern sounding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udamann88 View Post
I had those & a Red M.J. jacket w/ zippers all over it to......fyi........Jackson's Beat-it w/ EVH made me pick up the guitar so there is that too....... So you guys can blame him.....Lol

That singer that Neil Schon picked-up off of youtube for Journey is just unbelievable if you ask me.......
Arnel is really an unbelievable talent, and really made this record his own for sure.

- MacPro 6,1 Intel Xeon E5 2.7 GHz 12-Core 128 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
- HDX II Sonnet xMacPro Server
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT 2018.10
- OS X 10.14.4
- ProTools Dock / PT Control
Old 04-15-2011, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udamann88 View Post
Great tip on the acoustic sim............My boys 14, 20 & 21 all love Journey, Mr. Big, Extreme & so on...........They do hate when I put my spandex pants on though.......Lol
Maybe they don't like being reminded of "where they came from"?