Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-10-2004, 09:37 PM

Default Corrupt .pts file

I just had a system crash and ended up with a PTLE session that's totally messed up. I was working along fine and decided to dink with the S/PDIF mirroring. Bad move. The next thing I knew I had no sound whatsoever and the session would not shut down. I can't remember the error messages, except that they involved a .cpp module.

I ended the task (CTL ALT DEL - end task) in spite of warnings from XP about lost data because there was no other way to shut it down. I'd saved just minutes before so I thought I was OK. But no - the session (.pts file) is still there but when opened there is no audio and only one track of MIDI. The one track of MIDI is silent when played back.

I think I can reimport the audio because it all still seems to be in the folder, but there were many tracks of MIDI too, and man I really don't want to have to redo all of that.

I suspect it's hopeless, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Is there a way to retrieve or fix that .pts file?

It's a basic Allenstein machine (AMD Barton 2500+, ASUS A7V600, 2 WD 80g, 512M Kreton, Apollo Radeon 9200SE) that's been working great for a couple of weeks and got a good davec score... 32 + a bunch.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Corrupt .pts file

I doubt it Russ. I used to have problems like that on a TDM machine I worked on a few years back, never could get a corrupt session back. Your best bet is to create a new session and try importing tracks, but if the session boots and there's only the midi track, that's probably all you'll get trying to import too.

I'm assuming you didn't have autosave on. If you did, open the Session File Backups folder, sort by date and work your way back 'til one works. If not, unfortunately I think your SOL.

Ter

I don't know, what d'you think?