How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 06-22-2013, 06:40 AM

Default Re: iLok activation error?

Hi there,

Same here I get the

"This software cannot be run because the activation experience thinks the authorization was found, but the wrapper could not verify it."

Error after ll seems to have gone ok when launching PT11 demo and installing demo license on the iLok2

can this be solved ?

thnks
Old 06-22-2013, 06:40 AM

Hi there,

Same here

I get the

"This software cannot be run because the activation experience thinks the authorization was found, but the wrapper could not verify it."

Error

after all seems to have gone ok when launching PT11 demo and installing demo license on the iLok2

can this be solved ?

thnks
Old 06-22-2013, 07:08 AM

All was well last evening until I bought A pro limiter license. Am now dealing with the same issues. I think it's an iLok.com issue. When I sign out my licenses still appear on the iLok (except the new one).

Sent from my PT beating heart
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:27 AM

So frustrating.

While waiting for PACE to find my purchased licenses I got a demo bundle.

I activated the licenses on the iLok manager, and tried to move them to my iLok2. When I went into PT11 it goes through the authorization screen. I first got the wrapper error already mentioned. Tried again and now it says I can't authorize it to my iLok 2, presumably because I already did it in the manger??

However, in the manager it says I have nothing on my iLok 2 again... even with multiple sync/repairs.

There is obviously something on there because my PT10.3.6 that I also installed yesterday opens no problem, even though it says the license isn't on the iLok 2.

Don't know what to do. Most. Frustrating. Week. Ever.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:44 AM

Activation Error - Pro Tools 11

This software cannot be run because the activation experience thinks the authorization was found, but the wrapper could not verify it.

Is this an Avid/PT11 error, or an iLok error?
Old 06-22-2013, 07:49 AM

This is definitely an iLok issue, my Main iLok now shows 0 licences yet PT still launches, this just seems to get worse.....
Old 06-22-2013, 07:53 AM

I think this is an overloaded iLok system issue with PT11's release. My gut tells me this will improve over the course of the day. I sent a summary of this issue to iLok am hour ago. It sucks but I bet it will be ok. Fortunately a lot of us are having the exact same issue.

Sent from my PT beating heart
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfelton View Post
This is definitely an iLok issue, my Main iLok now shows 0 licences yet PT still launches, this just seems to get worse.....
Same here. Yesterday iLok manager was working well. Tried retrieving licenses for pt11 this morning...surrendered licenses successfully....tried activating pt11 through ilok...said no licenses available to surrender... Ilok now shows 0 licenses how ever pt10 and plugins still work. Installed pt11....started pt11 got to activation dialogue....entered ilok account information....it didn't find the pt11 licenses that are in my account...
Old 06-22-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADIrouting View Post
Same here. Yesterday iLok manager was working well. Tried retrieving licenses for pt11 this morning...surrendered licenses successfully....tried activating pt11 through ilok...said no licenses available to surrender... Ilok now shows 0 licenses how ever pt10 and plugins still work. Installed pt11....started pt11 got to activation dialogue....entered ilok account information....it didn't find the pt11 licenses that are in my account...
Same here. Avid and the ilok folks corrected my issue for PT11 HD yesterday, but for my home non HD version I have the same exact issue.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:50 AM

I just kept trying the same thing over and over, and for whatever reason after about a dozen attempts all finally worked out well and PT11 is working.

I used to have a bunch of free PT10 plug ins, a lot I never used but got them because they were free. Now with just the AAX ones listed I forgot how few there were out of the box. Though even with my free ones I mainly used the digidesign ones anyway. Fewer choices might be a good thing.