How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 07:57 PM

Default white noise/amplituibe

Hey~
Ive got a Mac Pro 2x2.66 GHz Dual core Intel xoen, 4GBDIMM.... Pro tools 7.3, Digi002, presonus digimax LT

I for some reason am getting white noise jolts all over the place from my amplitube program. It came in the software bundle with pro tools. Its amplitube LE 1.x. I was running around 5 real time plug ins, and realized the noise was coming from them all of the sudden (half way through my project being done)... So, i took them off, then audiosuite processed them thinking that it would get ride of the noise. Still there. Only on the channels i had previously used amplitube on. PLease help. My ears are pretty much shot from getting hit with the noise. Also, there seems to be some slight bleed through of my vox channels coming out of somewhere too (when theyre muted. they sound distorted).
Jordan
Old 11-08-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Re: white noise/amplituibe

The white noise bursts from amplitube usually mean that it hasn't been properly authorized, or that the authorization has been altered for some reason. Early versions used the Computer Hardware ID for authorization, but it turns out that if you change anything on your computer, the authorization would fail. If the authorization fails, the plugin reverts to demo mode, which inserts white noise bursts at regular intervals.

So, two things to check; make sure you are updated to the newest version that you can, and make sure that your authorization is correct/active.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12