Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2015, 11:38 AM

Default UA Apollo Duo (Rackmount) Not Showing up in PT

I'm having issues with the Apollo not appearing in PT as a usable interface. Besides recently installing the PT 12.2 update and the latest Apollo Console update, here's a run down of what I did prior to the problem:

When I initially installed PT12 it created the "User Library" in the a folder named "Pro Tools" in the Documents Folder of my Mac. This folder initially had a "Plug-In Settings" Folder and would automatically save all sessions into this Pro Tools Folder.
I wanted to change this default folder, so I went into the PT Preferences window and changed the "Root" directory (In the "User Library" section of the "Operations" tab). It asked me if I wanted to copy everything to this new folder location; I chose yes. I figured it was just going to copy the Plug-In Settings folder to this new location, as well as the Sessions I had saved; they were the only items in the Pro Tools folder. It ended up not only copying the Plug-In Settings and my Sessions, but also these additional Folders: Session Templates, Documentation, Grooves, IO Settings, Plug-In Maps and Video Test Patterns.
So after it copied all of this I tried to create a new session, but the Apollo was no longer being noticed; it's not an available interface. In PT, under the Setup menu in Hardware the only thing that shows up is the Pro Tools Aggregate I/O.
When Installing the Apollo interface it also defaulted to the Documents folder for it's file storage. I thought that maybe PT wasn't noticing it because of this, so I went back and changed the Root back to the original location Documents->Pro Tools. This time when it asked me if I wanted to copy everything I chose no.
Now when I try to create a new session I get an error message:

Could not create a new document because Permission denied (13) while creating "file name".

Does anyone have any idea what is happening? I checked the permissions of the folder and I have both Read/Write permissions.
This is totally confusing and frustrating. Anyone have any suggestions on where I should go from here?

If it matters, this is the first time I've tried using PT12.2 since upgrading from 12.

Thanks.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:43 PM

Default Re: UA Apollo Duo (Rackmount) Not Showing up in PT

I did a bit more research and noticed one post from a few weeks ago, over on the UA forum, where the OP was having the same problem with his Apollo Twin. Hopefully this isn't a compatibility issue. Although the Permission error seems like a different problem.