Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2019, 07:20 AM

Default Pro Tools 2019.5 some info please!

Hello,

Excuse my English, not my first language.

I'm a professional musician, not an engineer.
I'm using Pro Tools since 2006, never HD or Ultimate, just Native.
I switched from Nuendo because Pro Tools was in every studio and it was good to learn it, but Cubase and Nuendo were way ahead of Pro Tools functions wise.

I have been always waitting for the next big update of Pro Tools to see if they will catch up with some functions that other daws have since the 90s.

I was really looking forward to the 2019 update cause a good friend of mine told me it would be a completely new thing from scratch and that it would open up the door to finally make some serious updates.

I installed the software 2 days ago and I got the same cpu overload "error" that I have had in all the pro tools I had with any computer, any interface at any setting. The cpu was completely fresh, so onces again, it wasn't the cpu. Btw this was running 7 tracks with 7 plugins at 256 buffer size, 16 ram imac quad core, 7200 hd. You can tell me that its about settings but this doesn't happens with cubase or logic on my same computer running 100s of tracks.

The new functions that Avid brings on this super update are just basic functions that should be there years ago, no?

My question is, why is so hard for Avid to improve Pro Tools?
Why still in 2019 the midi is full of bugs that never get fixed?
Why I can't activate or deactivate record on an audio track while playback?
Or insert a plugin while playback if the record on a track is enable?
This things are not like super basic stuff?
Why do they offer that only for Ultimate like it was a super fancy thing to have?
Every other DAW in the planet can do that and way more Years ago!

Can someone with really really true information can tell me why is this happening update after update? Why Pro Tools seams like a heavy dinosaur that can't evolve? Why is so hard to do a couple of updates? Why others do 70 real useful updates from .0 to .5 that easy?

I truly want to like Pro Tools and i try year after year, but Avid doesn't let me.

Some info would be really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Last edited by pepepan; 05-25-2019 at 11:00 AM.