Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2013, 10:52 AM

Default Cannot Launch ProTools 10.3.5 upgrade!!!

Greetings! I have pulled all my hair out and am bald now. A series of things have happened. My HD on my tower died and I had to replace it and fortunately had Windows 7 to install on it. I downloaded ProTools 10.3.5 and drivers for my M Box Pro...I can't get into Pro Tools at all...after 7 days, I need help.

The error I keep getting is:
"Could not allocate memory for disk cache. Try lowering your disk buffer DAE Buffer disk cache size, or engine voice count. If you got this error on launch, delete your prefs and try again. -9514"

I first optimized my Win 7 - Deleted DAE Prefs entirely. Still get the same error. (We initially bought the ProTools 9 with 10 upgrade.) I can't GET IN to change anything in setup on ProTools 10.3.5. Should I delete it all and then just install my original ProTools 9 and upgrade to 10 something? That worked originally. Please help. I have a client that needs their work! Thanks.

What am I missing?
Old 06-14-2013, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Cannot Launch ProTools 10.3.5 upgrade!!!

i've got bad news for you, usually when that happens in windows, you're s.o.l.
and yes it always happens when you go to a new version of pro tools, even if you
delete your DAE preferences, that will likely not fix said issue...

I just dealt with it myself, version 10.3.3!! in fact, i tried every bloody version by reinstalling a couple earlier releases.. absolutely nothing worked..

i got a fast machine so i'll save you the trouble...

you need to re-load a full system back up unless you want to completely clean your Windows system, usually via a re-install... as we've all seen
with pro tools, even if you think you've deleted any/all trace of it, somehow the bloody thing still remains busted.. i received this error

"Could not allocate memory for disk cache. Try lowering your disk buffer DAE Buffer disk cache size, or engine voice count. If you got this error on launch, delete your prefs and try again. -9514"

yeah you guessed it... i just copy / pasted it from your post above... i recognized it in two seconds, seen it often in the past while.!!

I keep a complete backup of a perfect install which i did over a full weekend of tweaking, one version is just windows and programs... the other is the full monty with all my media production software included, a clean install of PRO TOOLS 10.2HD

and that is what i'm running on right now!