Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2010, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Mbox 3 Shipping!

I think this will work- not elegant, but you can zoom in. I edited my original post, and put the photo link in there also, so people don't have to read all the way to the end- cheers

Old 09-13-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjosOK View Post
I think this will work- not elegant, but you can zoom in. I edited my original post, and put the photo link in there also, so people don't have to read all the way to the end- cheers

Well, no one can say that it's not shipping anymore!!! There it is in the flesh, so to speak! Come on Avid, make it official, or it's going to get very embarrassing that people are buying these things before you've even announced them!

Thanks for the pictures
Old 09-13-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:

im a believer! where did you buy it from? i havent sen it on musicians freind.

Nick
OCZ Agility 64 GB SSD
Hitachi 1TB 32 MB HDD
WD Caviar Black 500GB
Saphhire HD 5850
3 x 20" monitors

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Fender Super Champ XD
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 Silver Edition W/ Silver Jubilee Cabinet
Old 09-13-2010, 03:48 PM

See original post- Guitar Center Nashville, this morning
Old 09-13-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
See original post- Guitar Center Nashville, this morning
sorry bout that ;P thats cool i just ordered my eleven rack like 5 minutes ago. nd i must say, for the first time in a long time im actually excited for something! but this mbox 3 looks much more organized than the mbox 2.

Nick
OCZ Agility 64 GB SSD
Hitachi 1TB 32 MB HDD
WD Caviar Black 500GB
Saphhire HD 5850
3 x 20" monitors

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Fender Super Champ XD
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 Silver Edition W/ Silver Jubilee Cabinet
Old 09-13-2010, 03:53 PM

SekondThought

I see you're in England. Don't you think it looks sort of like an English design, like from the 70s? Its BBC grey!
Old 09-13-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
SekondThought

I see you're in England. Don't you think it looks sort of like an English design, like from the 70s? Its BBC grey!
I am indeed! Yes, funny you should say that, but it is very BBC grey! Is it metal or plastic, it's very hard to tell from the pictures...
Old 09-13-2010, 04:11 PM

Aha. I found the manual. Hidden in plain view. Confusing since its called "mbox", right next to manuals for "mbox2". One would assume that "2" was the later item......not!

Hmm, I tried to upload the PDF to the photobucket site, like a photo, but that didn't work. Any ideas where I can upload a PDF?- Then I will send the manual. Meanwhile, here is some of it in raw text- It was too big to post the whole thing this way- The MULTI button is interesting (appendix B)

appendix b
Using the Multi Button
The Multi button on the front panel of the Mbox can be assigned to easily execute several functions in Pro Tools including (but not lim- ited to):
• Add Track • Start/Stop Record • Tap Tempo • Locating to Next/Previous Marker • Save Session
Mbox (Multi button shown)
You can use the Multi button to do these and other common tasks with a single button in- stead of using on-screen menu commands. By pressing the Multi button two different ways (Press and Release, Press and Hold) you can per- form two functions with one button.
Using the Multi Button
In the Hardware Setup dialog, Pro Tools lets you set three Multi button parameters for your Mbox using the “Multi Button Function” pane. (You can also launch the Driver Control Panel from here).
For more information on the Driver Control Panel, see Appendix A, “Using the Driver Control Panel.”.
The Multi Button Function includes the follow- ing options:
Press and Release Displays the options avail- able for Press and Release mode.
Press and Hold Displays the options available for Press and Hold mode.
Duration Gives four time duration options for Press and Hold button.
Launch Control Panel Launches Driver Control Panel.
Multi button
Appendix B: Using the Multi Button 55
To use the Multi Button Function pane and configure its parameters (example):
1 Launch Pro Tools. 2 Choose Track > New and create 1 Mono audio
track.
You need to have at least one track avail- able in a session to use the Add Last Track and Add Selected Track functions.
3 Choose Setup > Hardware. 4 From the Press and Release list, select
Start/Stop Record (the default). 5 From the Press and Hold list, select Add Se-
lected Tracks (the default). Multi button
Multi Button Function pane (Shown in Hardware Setup dialog)
6 From the Hold Duration list, select 500 msec (the default).
7 Go to the Edit Window and select the track you just created.
8 Press and hold the Multi button for 500 msec, then release. A new track is added in Record En- able mode.
9 Press and immediately release the Multi but- ton. The track begins recording.
This is just one example of how easy it is to use the Multi button if you want to quickly throw down tracks and record. But you can personalize the Multi button settings to fit any audio work- flow that works for you.
Press and Release Options
When you click on the Press and Release list, a pop-up menu provides access to the following options:
None No function is selected in this mode.
Add Last Track Adds the last track type that you created in the session. Say you have created two Audio tracks in a session. It will add another mono Audio track.
Add Selected Track Adds whatever tracks that you have selected in a session. Say you have se- lected two Audio tracks in a session. It will add another two Audio tracks.
Cursor to Next Marker Each time the button is pressed and released, the transport will locate to the next marker location.
Cursor to Previous Marker Each time the button is pressed and released, the transport will locate to the previous marker location.
Start/Stop Playback Each time the button is pressed and released, it starts/stops playing back the session.
Start/Stop Record Each time the button is pressed and released, it starts/stops recording.
Loop Playback Toggle Each time the button is pressed and released, the Loop Playback mode is toggled between enabled and disabled.
56 Mbox User Guide
Undo Each time the button is pressed and re- leased, it undoes that last operation you per- formed in Pro Tools. (Same as the Undo com- mand from the Pro Tools menu)
Save Session Each time the Multi button is pressed and released, it saves the session.
Tap Tempo The Multi button can be tapped to adjust the session tempo. Tapping tempo will cause Pro Tools to come out of Conductor mode and match its tempo to the tapped tempo. If Pro Tools is already in Manual Tempo mode, the session will automatically adjust its tempo to match the value created by the Tap Tempo func- tion.
Press and Hold Options
When you click on the Press and Hold list, a pop-up menu provides access to the following options:
None No function is selected in this mode.
Add Last Track Adds whatever the last track type was that you created in the session. Say you have five types of tracks in your session but the most recent track you created was 1 Mono Audio Track, in Samples. It will add another
1 Mono Audio Track, in Samples.
Add Selected Track Adds whatever tracks that you have selected in a session. Say you have se- lected two Audio tracks in a session. It will add another two Audio tracks.
Cursor to Next Marker Each time the button is held and released, the transport will locate to the next marker location.
Cursor to Previous Marker Each time the button is held and released, the transport will locate to the previous marker location.
Start/Stop Playback Each time the button is held and released, it starts/stops playing back the session.
Start/Stop Record Each time the button is held and released, it starts/stops recording.
Loop Playback Toggle Each time the button is held and released, the Loop Playback mode is toggled between enabled and disabled.
Undo Each time the button is held and released, it undoes that last operation you performed in Pro Tools. (Same as the Undo command from the Pro Tools menu)
Save Session Each time the Multi button is held and released, it saves the session.
Appendix B: Using the Multi Button 57
Hold Duration Options
When you click on the Hold Duration list, a drop-down menu provides access to the follow- ing options:
Hold Duration There are four choices of Hold Du- ration (250 msec, 500 msec, 750 msec, and 1 sec), which is the amount of time you choose to hold the Multi button down in Press and Hold mode. The default is 500 msec.
58 Mbox User Guide
Old 09-13-2010, 04:14 PM

Sekondthought-

body is anodized aluminum (aluminium), as far as I can tell- extruded and sliced off, I think. Solid one piece- no seam on the bottom, which is why I think its extruded. If its some other material, they sure faked it well. Its pretty heavy.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Sekondthought-

body is anodized aluminum (aluminium), as far as I can tell- extruded and sliced off, I think. Solid one piece- no seam on the bottom, which is why I think its extruded. If its some other material, they sure faked it well. Its pretty heavy.
Thanks for that - I wasn't sure - it looked it, but there was just no way to be sure from the pictures and I don't think any store over here is carrying it yet, though I am scanning the pages to see, as I'd like to know what the UK price is going to be!