Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2013, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Waves AAX DSP - which ones do you want?

I think instance counts are informative. Don't misunderstand me. Just saying that it is easier to cite those as instances/card, since many people don't know or need to know that there is a different number of cores. You can always divide or multiply numbers at will to do conversions, but Avid's internal benchmark and marketed numbers will always be instances/card.

Not sure about Softube, but I doubt it.

Dave
Old 02-02-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTremblay View Post
They appear to be hitting a 16 instance limit as the plug-ins get more and more efficient. That 16 instance limit tells me there is something going on. Whenever you see a power of 2 in a limit, you can assume there is a programmer involved. :)

I suspect I know which limit they're hitting, and if I'm right, I believe it's fixable on our side. But like I said, I have an email out to Sonnox to clarify.

Dave
Good to hear. Well, not good that the code has some artifical limit, but good that you probably found it out and can possibly remove it. These things happen when you rush products out of the door but you had to, so there is a platform to build plugins on. You probably get it right with PT11 and hopefully most 3rd parties are ready on day one.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTremblay View Post
And it's worth mentioning that we debated within engineering a reasonable way to compare power of HDX to Accel,
Dave
With HD2 I struggled to find ways to finnish 50 track sessions. HDX1 that is a thing of the past. Now I struggle to find ways to finnish 100 track sessions at 32/96k. HDX2 will give me all the horse power I will probably ever need.
HDX is a far better system. Lack of plugs aside HDX shows promise HD accell never could. At a small fraction of the price.
PT11 should focus on 64 bit and complete bug fix,s . I think were all very happy with what Pro Tools has to offer, now just make it work flawless .
Thanks for all the effort you guys have put into it, PT users really appreciate it . Sincerely
Old 02-02-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P,B,S View Post
With HD2 I struggled to find ways to finnish 50 track sessions. HDX1 that is a thing of the past. Now I struggle to find ways to finnish 100 track sessions at 32/96k. HDX2 will give me all the horse power I will probably ever need.
Thank you for posting this, assures me i should do fine with HDX1 then... which is what i figured...

Old 02-02-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
Thank you for posting this, assures me i should do fine with HDX1 then... which is what i figured...
I run an HDX1, and have yet to run short of resources.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 02-02-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
I run an HDX1, and have yet to run short of resources.
yup... i'm sure it will do just fine...