How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2016, 10:35 PM

Default My Pro Tools does not work! I can't get it to work with iLok

Hello,

I have just installed Pro tools on my computer again after reformatting it. I have downloaded the application manager and downloaded the Pro Tools 12.6 it recommended me to install. But I can not get it to work with my iLok. Am I doing something wrong?

When I go into my avid account online, nothing comes up with a link on where I can download Pro Tools. It comes up with the plugins but nothing else.

When I open protools it comes up with an Activate Button. I then sign in with my details and get "You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of the licenses there have activations available. You do not have any pending deliveries of the licenses you need to authorise the software" This comes up while my iLok is in the USB port.

Is someone from AVID able to tell me if I am doing something completely wrong.

Cheers,
Jarred
Old 10-09-2016, 07:47 AM

Default Re: My Pro Tools does not work! I can't get it to work with iLok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarred89 View Post
Hello,

I have just installed Pro tools on my computer again after reformatting it. I have downloaded the application manager and downloaded the Pro Tools 12.6 it recommended me to install. But I can not get it to work with my iLok. Am I doing something wrong?

When I go into my avid account online, nothing comes up with a link on where I can download Pro Tools. It comes up with the plugins but nothing else.

When I open protools it comes up with an Activate Button. I then sign in with my details and get "You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of the licenses there have activations available. You do not have any pending deliveries of the licenses you need to authorise the software" This comes up while my iLok is in the USB port.

Is someone from AVID able to tell me if I am doing something completely wrong.

Cheers,
Jarred
You have to go in the iLock app, and surrender your license before the one for 12.6 can be transferred to your iLock. You gotta wonder what the world would be like; how different it would be; if people suddenly stopped stealing------
Old 10-09-2016, 01:01 PM

Are there any details on how to do this? I spent some time yesterday trying to work out how to get it going and I had no success. I have posted a support ticket hopefully they sort it.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Are there any details on how to do this? I spent some time yesterday trying to work out how to get it going and I had no success. I have posted a support ticket hopefully they sort it.
Hi

Do you have an active annual plan or a monthly subscription?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-09-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hi

Do you have an active annual plan or a monthly subscription?
No I don't. I purchased pro tools 12 last year from a retailer. So my license is perpetual now.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
No I don't. I purchased pro tools 12 last year from a retailer. So my license is perpetual now.
Aha Well PT12 updates are only for users with an active annual plan or subsription plan monthly. So if you have an perpetual license then you won't get any updates or bugfixes.

You will need to download the last version that you had before the license went perpetual like 12.5 or older.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-09-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Aha Well PT12 updates are only for users with an active annual plan or subsription plan monthly. So if you have an perpetual license then you won't get any updates or bugfixes.
That's fine. I think the last version of pro tools I was using was 12.2. If I download this version would it then work with my iLok. I feel because I have 12.6 installed on my computer my license isn't for that. So it won't work.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
That's fine. I think the last version of pro tools I was using was 12.2. If I download this version would it then work with my iLok. I feel because I have 12.6 installed on my computer my license isn't for that. So it won't work.
Read my post again. I added additional info. And you are right in that you need to use the version you had when it went perpetual.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-09-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Read my post again. I added additional info. And you are right in that you need to use the version you had when it went perpetual.
Ok. In my account I can't see any links to download pro tools at all. When I search to download a earlier version it just keeps saying the link will be in my account to download it. And it's not. I only downloaded 12.6 because that's all that came up in application manager.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Ok. In my account I can't see any links to download pro tools at all. When I search to download a earlier version it just keeps saying the link will be in my account to download it. And it's not. I only downloaded 12.6 because that's all that came up in application manager.
In your Avid account, under my priducts and subscriptions, is there nothing there if you use the pulldown icon and view your downloads ?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————