How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2015, 05:59 AM

Default Eleven Rack not showing up in audio midi mac

HELP NEEDED!

I've had my 11R for 3 months now and I've had the odd issue with connecting to my mac and getting it recognised as a sound card, usually it just requires a restart. However I can not for the life of me get it to be recognised as a sound card at all. I have rebooted my laptop several times, reinstalled 11R editor/drivers and still no luck.

11R editor recognises the hardware and I can make changes edit as normal through 11R just my laptop doesn't see it as a sound card which means I can't record from it into my DAW. I doesn't come up in audio midi for me to be able to select as an output or input device. I am using Logic Pro X but this has never been an issue before, its not coming up in preferences here either. Its really frustrating as I need to get work done!

I have updated to OS X El Capitan, but if 11R editor is working maybe it isn't a driver issue? I might be wrong though, I know nothing about software.

Can someone give me some ideas to help with the situation? I presume Avid won't be updating a driver anytime soon for El Capitan?

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2015, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack not showing up in audio midi mac

Did it work before upgrading to El Captian?
The 11R drivers have not been qualified for that OS yet and not just Avid, there seems to be a lot of driver incompatibilities with other manufacturers as well.

System Details
Old 10-10-2015, 04:39 PM

Yeah, worked intermittently before the upgrade. I had to always restart my mac when I plugged it in to use as a soundcard.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBeaumontA View Post
Yeah, worked intermittently before the upgrade. I had to always restart my mac when I plugged it in to use as a soundcard.
That will likely be because you were manually sleeping/suspending the Mac or it's power management was (sone time in the past before you unplugged it, which is enough to hang up the driver forever until you reboot). Something you are supposed to not do/disable with Avid interfaces. A well documented part of Pro Tools optimization (but lost on many folks, especially those who don't install Pro Tools).

As said, El Capitan is the unexplored country, you are on your own. Lots of issues noted on DUC with drivers and lots of general problems with USB audio drivers from many vendors noted all over the place. You need to check things out before deciding to jump off the cliff/upgrade. Hopefully you have a backup to roll back to or are prepared to do a full OS X reinstall. If not then you get to sit and wait for who knows how long. And Avid, for good reason, does not recommend in-situ OS X upgrades, you should really have done a full clean install of El Capitan and reinstall all the apps here (not that would fix this problem), ideally on a separate drive/partition so rolling back would just take a reboot.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 10-10-2015 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:26 AM

Did u try to make a new audio midi setup?
Have no experience with Captain but on older os sometimes the current setup gets corrupted...
Old 10-11-2015, 09:38 AM

El captain is not supported by Avid Driver, we are waiting a new one.
Avid is sleeping.....and loosing users everyday.

Avid wake up!!!
Old 10-11-2015, 04:27 PM

Yeah C'mon Avid!
You jumped on the subscription based software bandwagon. That means you HAVE to step up your game and keep current with the latest OS's. People are paying by the minute here and their clocks are ticking.
Seriously kick out a driver already. It's not like it wasn't in BETA for 6 months!
Honestly I'd be embarrassed I was you guys.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:34 PM

PS...while I'm at it.

Eleven Rack editor is great and we appreciated it when you answered our request: how about an update with 1) Drag and drop ability for loading tones and 2) a numerical hover state so we can see what the value actually is when we adjust it.

Eleven Rack firmware update with some pitch effects.....pretty sure we'd ALL pay for it!