Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2008, 07:11 PM

Default Is there a way? Or am I imagining things? (Reason ?)

I have an entire sequence that has already been done in Reason 4 and now I'm trying to use it in a PT session via Rewire. Is there a way to route each sound module to an audio track in PT so the each track from Reason is recorded on it's own audio track? Or can it only be the whole sequence to a stereo track with Reason on an insert? I want to record the audio into PT for the purpose of better mixing capabilities not route the MIDI data to PT. If this is possible an explanation would be appreciated. I thought I was pretty savvy in Reason, but apparently not. Thanks
Old 06-07-2008, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Is there a way? Or am I imagining things? (Reason ?)

You can do this no problem using ReWire.

You ReWire multiple channels from Reason to Instrument tracks and send the instrument tracks to seperate audio tracks for recording within PT.

You'll need to set up a template connecting your Reason instruments directly to separate channels in the audio interface in Reason. Then you set up Instrument channels in PT with Reason ReWire inserts for the corresponding ReWire channels in Reason.

Go here for description of how to use Multiple ReWire channels:

http://www.propellerheads.se/substan...icle=protools0

Old 06-07-2008, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Is there a way? Or am I imagining things? (Reason ?)

Are you using Reason or Reason Adapted for Pro Tools?