Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2017, 03:04 PM

Default Could not create a new document because Permission denied (13) while creating "test"

Need some help with this. Recently, my HDD died and I replaced with a new 1TB Sata drive and performed a new install of my OS (Snow Leopard upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.5), Pro Tools 12.7.1 and all plugins ect. I'm running through an eleven rack interface. Everything is updated to the most recent drivers and software. Everything seems to be working fine on that end. I can create new Sessions to my internal drive and save there.

My issue (Could not create a new document because Permission denied (13) while creating "test") comes in when I try to create a new Session in my external drive (My Passport for Mac – 2TB – USB 3.0). It is formatted to Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Sharing & Permissions are: Fetching - Read & Write, staff - Read & Write, - everyone - Read & Write. I am an admin.

Before I replaced the HDD, everything worked fine. I have tried using the Disk Utility with First Aid and it reads: The volume My Passport for Mac appears to be OK. I have looked online for answers but have not found any.

System Specs:
Processor: 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Mac Pro (Early 2008)
Memory: 16 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
Startup Disk: MacPro-1TB
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256 MB
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number of Processors: 2
Total Number of Cores: 8