Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2004, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Why are Audio & Midi Records always Latched?

Hi Joel,

I completely agree with you.

I'm still in 5.1 so maybe this has changed- but if not, I think that we should be able to make MIDI tracks inactive, same as audio tracks, and that MIDI tracks shouldn't send out program changes when the track is muted. The only way to completely silence a MIDI track is to zero its output assignment, which interferes with 100% recall ability.

Anyway, I've been making MIDI requests since they first put it in to ProTools, but there has been little change since that first release, although every now and then I do hear rumours of a big MIDI update on the way.

I also sequenced a feature film in ProTools last year. It was doable, but I'm sticking in DP for the time being until Digi gives us flexible and stable tempo and meter implementation.