Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2020, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Urgent: Serious issue with clip effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Can you make a preset with everything turned off and then, instead of Factory Default change it to using your preset instead? I don't have Clip Effects as I'm on Standard not Ultimate, but I've done this with several of my AudioSuite plug-ins.
Thanks, Weed. Yes and no, please see later in the thread.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
Hmm, the filters default to bypass on several Mac systems I run. Technically the filter section is in (green) but both individual filters are out.
Roger. I did not realize that the filter buttons 1 and 2 were ENGAGE buttons (see later in this thread), but the dynamics sections are engaged!
Old 03-21-2020, 04:57 PM

The behavior is definitely inconsistent. I cannot predict why some clips dragged into the session as "factory default" and some as my user preset. This behavior is not only worrisome, it's stress-provoking.
Old 03-22-2020, 02:53 AM

Quote:
You mention Pro Tools 20, is this a pre-release version that could have different behavior?

Not to be flippant but there are two enable points with the filter section. There is the master Enable / In switch, the "power" button that lights up green. Then each filter has it's own enable, I think it's "1" for HPF AND "2" for LPF. The number itself highlights or dims depending on the enable state. Those default off for me. Are those defaulting on? That would be a big issue.
As I mentioned in the thread, you are correct. I misinterpreted the 1 and 2 buttons and did not realize they are ENGAGE buttons for the filters. Nevertheless, for sure the two dynamics ENGAGE buttons are engaged in factory default and this is as much if not more of a problem than the filter business.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Katz View Post
As I mentioned in the thread, you are correct. I misinterpreted the 1 and 2 buttons and did not realize they are ENGAGE buttons for the filters. Nevertheless, for sure the two dynamics ENGAGE buttons are engaged in factory default and this is as much if not more of a problem than the filter business.

Agreed

Mac Mini 8,1 (2018) | 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel i7 | 64GB Ram | Apple 27" LED Cinema | 2TB System Drive | LaCie Rugged USB-C 2TB SSD NVMe Audio Drive | UAD-2 Quad Satellite (Firewire)

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 | Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.7 | Avid HDX TB3 Chassis | HDX | Avid Omni | Avid 16x16 HD I/O x2 | Digidesign 192 | Digidesign C24
Old 03-22-2020, 06:31 AM

Hey Bob,

I can’t recreate what you did to get the clip effect to default to my preset.

Could you run through it again?

Thanks

Mac Mini 8,1 (2018) | 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel i7 | 64GB Ram | Apple 27" LED Cinema | 2TB System Drive | LaCie Rugged USB-C 2TB SSD NVMe Audio Drive | UAD-2 Quad Satellite (Firewire)

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 | Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.7 | Avid HDX TB3 Chassis | HDX | Avid Omni | Avid 16x16 HD I/O x2 | Digidesign 192 | Digidesign C24
Old 03-23-2020, 07:07 AM

New clips recorded in the timeline have the "defective" factory default clip effects preset applied. This is completely unacceptable. I've issued an Avid Support case.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.engineer View Post
Hey Bob,

I can’t recreate what you did to get the clip effect to default to my preset.

Could you run through it again?

Thanks
I'm not sure it's repeatable, to be honest. In some cases dragging a clip into the timeline the clip seems to pick up my personal preset. In other cases it comes up factory default. Just as bad or worse, is new clips recorded in the timeline have the "defective" factory fault applied (e.g. realtime bounces of a bus to a track to capture the master)
Old 03-23-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
You mention Pro Tools 20, is this a pre-release version that could have different behavior?

Not to be flippant but there are two enable points with the filter section. There is the master Enable / In switch, the "power" button that lights up green. Then each filter has it's own enable, I think it's "1" for HPF AND "2" for LPF. The number itself highlights or dims depending on the enable state. Those default off for me. Are those defaulting on? That would be a big issue.
Sorry Will, typo. I meant to type 2019.12
Old 03-23-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Katz View Post
I'm not sure it's repeatable, to be honest. In some cases dragging a clip into the timeline the clip seems to pick up my personal preset. In other cases it comes up factory default. Just as bad or worse, is new clips recorded in the timeline have the "defective" factory fault applied (e.g. realtime bounces of a bus to a track to capture the master)

No problem. Interested to hear what Avid say.

James Welch
Recording Engineer | Producer
Masterlink Productions

Mac Pro 5,1 (Mid 2010) | 3.46GHz Six-Core Intel Xeon | 32GB Ram | AMD Radeon R9 280X 3072 MB | 256GB Samsung SM951 SSD Blade (PCIe) System Drive | 1TB WDC Sample Drive | 4TB RAID 0 Seagate Audio Drive | UAD-2 Quad PCIe
Mojave 10.14.5 | Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.5 | HDX | Avid Omni | Avid 16x16 HD I/O x2 | Digidesign 192 | Digidesign C24