Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 01-24-2019, 03:58 AM

Default wrong iLok password! How do I change it?

I used my email address as my iLok password with Avid when creating my account and installing ProToolsFirst. It's wrong!

It's so frustrating! On my Avid master account page I have changed it to what it should be (I've had my iLok account for years and didn't realise it's still current. ) but on my products page under ProToolsFirst it's wrong - I used my email address - and it seems impossible to change!

Help!! I opened a Case with Avid Customer Care, but AVid's reply is simply to refer me back to the forums. A moderator had advised I open the case. I'm in a circular loop and ProToolsFirst screws up on installation because I'm guessing it's using the wrong iLok ID.

Any ideas?

How do I get Avid to change the wrong Ilok ID?

Thanks, Jan