Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 01-01-2019, 07:55 AM

Default Pro Tools | First c/w Focusrite Creative Pack

Hi,

I downloaded Pro Tools | First and registered with iLok. I installed, then uninstalled Pro Tools and deleted my Avid account after only a day or two, as I had not yet purchased a DAW, and gathered from Focusrite that in order to get their Creative Pack plugins, I had to start afresh with Avid. All well and good. So I waited for a great deal on a Focusrite 2i2 to appear, and after a few months duly got one . So I bought it and started again.

Going via the Focusrite website in order to get Pro Tools | First complete with the Creative Pack, at the final stage I get an error stating that I must “activate your product before you can access the downloads”. So on to iLok, where I download the License Manager software. It seems that despite initially deleting my Avid account, the licence is still there - 'Active' but not 'Activated'. I don't want to activate this, as I presume that it will give me a licence WITHOUT the Focusrite Creative Pack?

So, my question is: how do I download, install and activate Pro Tools | First c/w the Focusrite Creative Pack? I presume that the original licence sitting at iLok has to be removed first, otherwise I will not get the plugins.

So, my thinking is that I have to contact iLok; get them to delete/remove the licence; then go back to my Focusrite account and start the process again, which should force an email to be generated from Avid to give me a correct download link. Is that correct? If not, what is the best or correct process to follow?

Many thanks for any help you are able to offer, I'm currently tearing my hair out: it's SO frustrating having to navigate this via three different companies!
Old 01-01-2019, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools | First c/w Focusrite Creative Pack

It said on Focusrites website that you get the plugins after buying and registering the Hardware before a certain date so messing around with PTFirst licenses and Deleting Avid Accounts will probably not work here...

Also the servers will know you deleted an account and started a new account so my advice is to read exactly what it states and register the 2i2 unit if you purchased that new of course. Then I bet the code for the bundle will be deposited in the Focusrite account and or Avid account.

So read up on what you need to do in what order as not many people here will know about this unless they bought the same thing you did.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-01-2019, 08:28 AM

Hi Christopher,

Many thanks for your very speedy reply.

Yes, the Focusrite was purchased new, and yes, I have registered it at Focusrite. The codes are in my Focusrite account. The plugins are available to me as they are linked to from my Focusrite account. It looks like Focusrite frequently give away plugins with the purchase of their hardware and may well change these from time to time. I am just uncertain as to who actually gives these away and how - is it Focusrite or Avid or the plugin developers or a combination of deals between the three - and therefore (most relevant in my case) how does this affect the license? Seeing as Focusrite told me to delete my Avid account, I presume that Avid play a part in this via the licence.

As I said, I initially deleted my Avid account directly on the advice of Focusrite precisely because they told me that was the way to get the plugins!

I have done all I have been told to do, yet still see a licence which should not be there as I deleted my account and uninstalled the (free) software! All I need to know is will a licence created a few months back be the correct one to activate?

You say read up - where?! I have been through Focusrite/Avid/iLok websites where there is no help regarding this issue. Which is why I am here! Where I am posting because I see no other threads regarding this.

I don't believe that servers logging account creation/deletion should be an issue, as I have purchased hardware which includes certain software. Seems to me that as long as all purchases are in order, all should be OK. I just need confirmation of the process.

I'm sure that someone here must have Focsurite hardware and have mucked up the process of installing things - I can't be the only idiot here.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:11 AM

But Avid has nothing to do with what Focusrite gives away.

PT First is included in the Bundled hardware and has nothing to do with any subscription for Pro Tools.

Those plugins came with the purchase of the 2i2 and are your present as a Thank you for buying and nothing else,

We get same when we bought our two new UA Apollo X8P interfaces and they included plugins for 1500 dollars Worth so thats just how the developers do things and Thanks a lot for that!

Sorry but this took less than 20 seconds to find.

From Focusrite we site /

Receive free versions of the most innovative software, as well as benefiting from discounts, exclusive to Focusrite customers. All you have to do is register Focusrite gear, and one offer will be featured in your Focusrite account every couple of months.

https://focusrite.com/plugin-collective

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-01-2019, 10:51 AM

I know that PTF has nothing to do with the Pro versions and subscriptions within PT.

I too presume that the plugins are unique to Focusrite, but the links to get the plugins are via the Avid website.

Your link tells me no more than I already know! Your 20 seconds of searching has not helped at all. Thanks anyway!

The process I have followed is thus:

From my account at Focusrite I follow the link to "Get Pro Tools First" including the plugins, which says "Click here to redeem". this takes me to the following page on Avid:

I confirm the linked iLok user ID. This then skips step two and goes straight to step three:

This says "Check your email for your download links and resources to get you started!" No email ever gets sent.

As you can see, this tells me (in red text) that I have to activate my product (which I don't have). This information, it is presumably getting from my (defunct) iLok licence, as I don't have a downloaded or installed version of PTF. The link to 'My Products and Subscriptions' in my Avid account shows "You do not own any products under this account yet."

1. Focusrite told me to delete my Avid account in order to gain access to the plugins.
2. My Focusrite account page links to the Avid website in order to download and install PTF and the plugins - as you can see from my screenshots.

Perhaps therefore, if I download PTF from Avid, install it, and then proceed from the Focusrite website, I will then receive the email which will contain a link to the plugin downloads as a separate download? This is suggested from the red text in the second screenshot.

I have already contacted Avid (useless, unless you have cash to throw around), and have re-contacted Focusrite (who may have given me incorrect information, if what you suggest is correct) and iLok.

Thanks for your help. I shall re-post here once I find a solution.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:58 AM

I am having the same problem. I can't seem to get any of these plugins to show up and can't find them to download.
I already had Pro Tools | First installed and activated when I started and have tried all the advice in articles that Focusrite has referred me to.
The redeem link shows up in my Focusrite acct and clicking it takes me to the Avid site where I'm logged in. My iLok and Download Center are both linked to the Avid master acct.

First advice was to go to Avid Application Manager program(mac program shown in article) to download plugins. I don't see anything that was installed named this. I downloaded latest and tried to install but it says I already have a newer version installed? Closest thing I can find is Avid Link. Next closest is Avid website itself. Can't find anything but the marketplace and some of the plugins are there but need to be purchased.
I uninstalled ProTools | First but left settings etc. and reinstalled with downloaded win 2019.6 windows from link below landing page on redemption link (Product details and download Links ... show^) I see UVIworkstation listed there but no plugins.
I can see my products on Avid Link but only 1 plugin is listed. It is with the ProTools | First product. Opening it takes me to UVIworkstation install program on my PC, but when I try to install it says I alredy have newer version installed. Oddly that is not the one I want but I cannot see that plugin from within Protools|First either, but it does run as stand-alone and in ableton DAW.
I also tried deactivating and Reactivating Pro Tools|First in iLok. Still no difference and Focusrire support keeps sending info that seems out of date (ie Avid Product Manager?) or does not apply to Win10. Anyways all very frustrating so hoping to find out what has worked for others.
Thanks
Old 02-11-2020, 10:10 AM

Link replaced the application manager. If you successfully redeemed the Avid product code given you by Focusrite, your plugins will be available to download and install in Link.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 02-12-2020, 04:47 PM

They did not give a redemption code, there is just a redemption link in a downloads section that they put in my account on their site that lands on the Avid page. They are supposed to show up for download in Avid Application manager which you still have if on PTF v2018.* which as you know is now incorporated into Avid Link. I tried to explain this to them and they wanted screenshots like they don't know anything. They say if you already have an Avid master account they should still show up as long as same account is linked for download center and iLok which mine is.
Confused me because I found links for App manager but they wouldn't install saying a newer version was already installed. I had to figure out Avid Link replaced it. I've tried going back to 2018.7 and old 2018.10 app manager but still haven't shown up. I assume they have to come from Avid because it's PTF. These 11 plugins (used to be 20 some), will only work in PTools. I'm still waiting for them (focusrite) to get back to me.

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-...Creative-Pack-

https://focusrite.zendesk.com/reques...cA0BtWfGkWA6gU
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
Seagate ST3000DM001-1CH166