Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2017, 12:44 PM

Default Pro Tools 'An Error Occurred While Trying To Establish Ethernet Communication'

Hello,

I am trying to connect my Mc Control V2 into my Windows PC, running pro tools 10.3 & 12.4

I was able to get my MC Control to work perfectly on my macbook using the latest version of Eucontrol; 3.5
The MC Control works flawlessly on the macbook using both Pro Tools and Logic

So I installed Eucontrol 3.5 on my PC, and made sure my firmware is up to date. After turning on the MC Control and setting my Eucontrol settings, the MC Control seems to be working as it switches focus on whatever application that it is on.

So I open up Pro Tools and go to peripherals to set up the ethernet connection and Euconn connection. I get an error message when trying to connect either one.

When I hit 'enable' on ethernet, I get a message saying: 'An error occurred while trying to establish ethernet communication. Please check all ethernet connections'

When I hit enable on 'Enable Euconn' I get another message saying: 'Error occurred while trying to load the controller personality 'Euconn'

So I figured maybe it's because I have my ethernet cable hooked into an Ethernet-to-USB adapter. So I then unplugged the ethernet cable that I use for my internet on the internet jack, and plugged in the ethernet cable that I am using for the MC Control, and plugged it directly into the built in Ethernet jack in the back of my computer.

I did a system restart and proceeded using the same steps. I hit enable on the Ethernet option, however I get the same message.

I then tried plugging the MC Control ethernet cable back into the USB adapter into a different USB port on my computer, and did the same steps again. Still the same error, no luck.

I would like to mention that I used the same ethernet-to-usb adapter when working on my macbook, and it worked perfectly on the mac so it is not an issue with the USB adapter.

I am running on windows 10, 64 bit with the latest version of Eucon:3.5

Could some one please help me out? I've been dying to use this awesome mixer!!